Archer is an aerospace company building an all-electric vertical takeoff and landing aircraft focused on improving mobility in cities. The company's mission is to advance the benefits of sustainable air mobility. Archer is designing, manufacturing, and operating a fully electric aircraft that can carry four passengers for 60 miles at speeds of up to 150mph while producing minimal noise. Archer's team is based in the San Francisco Bay Area.
Archer is an aerospace company based in San Jose, California building an all-electric vertical takeoff and landing aircraft with a mission to advance the benefits of sustainable air mobility. We are designing, manufacturing, and operating an all-electric aircraft that can carry four passengers for 60 miles at speeds of up to 150 mph while producing minimal noise.
Our sights are set high and our problems are hard, and we believe that diversity in the workplace is what makes us smarter, drives better insights, and will ultimately lift us all to success. We are dedicated to cultivating an equitable and inclusive environment that embraces our differences, and supports and celebrates all of our team members.
What you’ll do:
- Work closely with your team lead, suppliers and engineers from design, stress and M&P throughout the entire product development process to develop airframe structures
- Design lightweight composite and metallic structure in CAD using NX and Fibersim
- Apply design for manufacturing concepts to create designs that are cost effective and easy to fabricate at rate.
- Perform airframe structural analysis using handbook methods and FEA
- Support manufacturing to ensure the successful build of the airframe and integration with the aircraft
What you need:
- Bachelor’s or higher degree in engineering or a related technical degree
- Ability to design and analyze simple components
- An understanding of load paths and structural analysis
- Proficient in the use of CAD or FEA software
- Ability to communicate clearly and succinctly in written and visual form
- Attention to detail, strong organization and project management skills
- Ability to learn and adapt within an ambiguous environment
- Self-starter, team player, and desire to work in a fast-paced environment
- Experience with lightweight structures (aircraft, spacecraft, other high performance vehicles)
- Familiarity with small passenger aircraft or helicopters
- Experience with the manufacturing of composite parts or mechanical systems
- Programming, scripting, or engineering automation experience
- Experience or Training in Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T)
- Kinematic modeling and analysis experience
- Experience with composite materials
At Archer we aim to attract, retain, and motivate talent that possess the skills and leadership necessary to grow our business. We drive a pay-for-performance culture and reward performance that supports the Company’s business strategy. For this position we are targeting a base pay between $81,600.00-$137,280.00. Actual compensation offered will be determined by factors such as job-related knowledge, skills, and experience.
Archer is proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusivity in the workplace. All aspects of employment are decided on the basis of merit, qualifications, and business needs. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.