Archer is an aerospace company building an all-electric vertical takeoff and landing aircraft focused on improving mobility in cities. The company's mission is to advance the benefits of sustainable air mobility. Archer is designing, manufacturing, and operating a fully electric aircraft that can carry four passengers for 60 miles at speeds of up to 150mph while producing minimal noise. Archer's team is based in the San Francisco Bay Area.
Archer is an aerospace company based in San Jose, California building an all-electric vertical takeoff and landing aircraft with a mission to advance the benefits of sustainable air mobility. We are designing, manufacturing, and operating an all-electric aircraft that can carry four passengers for 60 miles at speeds of up to 150 mph while producing minimal noise.
Our sights are set high and our problems are hard, and we believe that diversity in the workplace is what makes us smarter, drives better insights, and will ultimately lift us all to success. We are dedicated to cultivating an equitable and inclusive environment that embraces our differences, and supports and celebrates all of our team members.
What you’ll do:
- Develop and integrate vehicle physics models for use in 6-DOF or other performance simulations. Use those simulations to characterize the performance and capabilities of the aircraft.
- Perform Functional Hazard Analyses (FHAs) at a vehicle level under supervision of more senior engineers
- Analyze changes in vehicle design and requirements for impact on key performance metrics in support of vehicle-level trade studies
- Support design and analysis activities to verify business and regulatory requirements will be met with high confidence
- Generate embedded aircraft performance models to incorporate into the aircraft flight manual, flight management system, and airline operations
What you need:
- BS in an Engineering discipline required. MS or PhD in an Engineering discipline highly desirable
- 1+ years experience with MS or 3+ years of experience with BS in aerospace vehicle performance and simulation at a full-vehicle level
- Expert in modeling and numerical optimization techniques with an understanding of these in the context of aerodynamic vehicles
- High level of expertise with developing vehicle analysis tools and simulations in Python and MATLAB.
- Strong technical, written, and verbal communication skills
- Experience in a fast-paced design environment
- Experience modeling and analyzing eVTOL aircraft and a deep understanding of the role of various aircraft subsystems including an electric powertrain.
- Familiar with FAA regulations relating to aircraft and rotorcraft certification
- Experience with AWS or Linux high speed computing platforms
- Pilot’s license
At Archer we aim to attract, retain, and motivate talent that possess the skills and leadership necessary to grow our business. We drive a pay-for-performance culture and reward performance that supports the Company’s business strategy. For this position we are targeting a base pay between $99,840.00-$124,800.00. Actual compensation offered will be determined by factors such as job-related knowledge, skills, and experience.
Archer is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to job applicants with physical or mental disabilities, and those with sincerely held religious beliefs. Applicants who may require reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process should provide their name and contact information to Archer’s People Team at [email protected]. Reasonable accommodations will be determined on a case-by-case basis.
Archer is proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusivity in the workplace. All aspects of employment are decided on the basis of merit, qualifications, and business needs. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.