Please let Rivian know you found this job on Work in Green. This will help us grow!
Salary not provided
About the company:
Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
Drive carrier performance by monitoring yard and ad-hoc operation performance through data analysis. Analysis includes assuring that monthly KPI’s and internal reports are accurate, watching for trends using dashboards and reports, and proactively looking for process improvement through analysis of data generated from day to day yard management and ad-hoc shipping operations.
The ideal candidate is relentless in execution and follow-up with a customer service mindset. A positive attitude and good sense of humor will benefit this role as the candidate needs to be flexible and step into other roles as needed.
· Input shipment data into TMS as needed
· Monitor the flow of vehicles shipped on trucks and railcars, including loading, switching and unloading activities to avoid delays
· Coordinate capacity planning activities with carriers and ports
· Communicate carrier KPI results regularly and implement corrective actions when needed
· Ensure safety procedures are established, communicated and enforced
· Leverage data to identify exceptions or waste trends and work across teams to develop and measure corrective actions
· Ensure data integrity is maintained – physicals and Transportation Management System (TMS) are in unison
· Liaise with Purchasing and IT to occasionally onboard new carriers
· Assist in data analysis for damage and claims process
· Identify, develop, document and roll out logistics processes as needed
· Participate in benchmarking activities
· Act as back up and support for other roles within the Outbound Logistics team
· Bachelor’s degree in supply chain, engineering, business, or related field or equivalent, relevant experience
· At least one year experience in logistics, supply chain, transportation or related, outbound logistics is a plus
· At least one year experience in Data analysis
· Hands-on experience working with SAP, Transportation Management System (TMS), and/or yard management systems
· Advanced user in MS Excel – ability to create pivot table and charts, use of short cuts, and VLOOKUP functionality
· Ability to travel up to 15% of the time
· Must be able to work Monday - Friday 7am - 4pm
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at [email protected].
Rivian may collect, use and disclose your personal information or personal data (within the meaning of the applicable data protection laws) when you apply for employment and/or participate in our recruitment processes (“Candidate Personal Data”). This data includes contact, demographic, communications, educational, professional, employment, social media/website, network/device, recruiting system usage/interaction, security and preference information. Rivian may use your Candidate Personal Data for the purposes of (i) tracking interactions with our recruiting system; (ii) carrying out, analyzing and improving our application and recruitment process, including assessing you and your application and conducting employment, background and reference checks; (iii) establishing an employment relationship or entering into an employment contract with you; (iv) complying with our legal, regulatory and corporate governance obligations; (v) recordkeeping; (vi) ensuring network and information security and preventing fraud; and (vii) as otherwise required or permitted by applicable law.
Rivian may share your Candidate Personal Data with (i) internal personnel who have a need to know such information in order to perform their duties, including individuals on our People Team, Finance, Legal, and the team(s) with the position(s) for which you are applying; (ii) Rivian affiliates; and (iii) Rivian’s service providers, including providers of background checks, staffing services, and cloud services.
Rivian may transfer or store internationally your Candidate Personal Data, including to or in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, and the European Union and in the cloud, and this data may be subject to the laws and accessible to the courts, law enforcement and national security authorities of such jurisdictions.
Please note that we are currently not accepting applications from third party application services.
These are some of our top picks for great climate jobs on Work in Green.
Rivian is hiring Software Engineer, Full Stack, OMS, Platform & Shared Services,Staff Software Engineer, Full Stack, OMS, Platform & Shared Services,Software Engineer, OMS, Platform & Shared Services, and more.