Archer is an aerospace company building an all-electric vertical takeoff and landing aircraft focused on improving mobility in cities. The company's mission is to advance the benefits of sustainable air mobility. Archer is designing, manufacturing, and operating a fully electric aircraft that can carry four passengers for 60 miles at speeds of up to 150mph while producing minimal noise. Archer's team is based in the San Francisco Bay Area.
Archer is an aerospace company based in Palo Alto, California building an all-electric vertical takeoff and landing aircraft with a mission to advance the benefits of sustainable air mobility. We are designing, manufacturing, and operating an all-electric aircraft that can carry four passengers for 60 miles at speeds of up to 150 mph while producing minimal noise.
Our sights are set high and our problems are hard, and we believe that diversity in the workplace is what makes us smarter, drives better insights, and will ultimately lift us all to success. We are dedicated to cultivating an equitable and inclusive environment that embraces our differences, and supports and celebrates all of our team members.
What you’ll do
- Act as liaison between the Systems Engineering organization and the design groups within the HV Power team (HV battery, HV distribution, ground charger)
- Collaborate with the HV Power System technical leads and safety engineers to define the functional breakdown, and identify functional and physical interfaces
- Participate in architecture definition, trade studies, and mutli-disciplinary integration problem solving
- Ensure the requirement sets are complete and correct, with traceability to and fulfilling higher-level requirements
- Coordinate with other System Engineers to ensure the fully integrated aircraft meets its requirements and is optimized
- Develop lower-level requirement sets with support from the technical leads and subject matter experts
- Coordinate the Validation and Verification processes across the HV Power team, ensuring plans are followed and process independence is maintained
- Contribute to improving internal processes and tools
What we are looking for
- Collaborative mindset
- Excellent verbal and written interpersonal communication
- Passion for learning and problem solving
- Degree in engineering or related field
- Experience developing high-power or high-voltage electrical systems
- Detailed knowledge of Systems Engineering processes and activities
- Experience on one or more programs with a formal Systems Engineering process
- Significant experience using one or more requirements management tools
Nice to have
- Understanding of the Systems Engineering standard used in civil aviation and the underlying reasons and purpose for each process and activity
- Experience on one or more civil aviation programs with a Systems Engineering process used for certification credit
- Familiarity with the regulations and standards applicable to transport and general aviation aircraft
- Experience developing highly integrated aerospace systems
- Experience executing formal Validation and Verification activities in a civil aerospace program
- Experience developing or using Model Based Systems Engineering (MBSE) models and tools
Archer is proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusivity in the workplace. All aspects of employment are decided on the basis of merit, qualifications, and business needs. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.