Archer is an aerospace company building an all-electric vertical takeoff and landing aircraft focused on improving mobility in cities. The company's mission is to advance the benefits of sustainable air mobility. Archer is designing, manufacturing, and operating a fully electric aircraft that can carry four passengers for 60 miles at speeds of up to 150mph while producing minimal noise. Archer's team is based in the San Francisco Bay Area.
Archer is an aerospace company based in San Jose, California building an all-electric vertical takeoff and landing aircraft with a mission to advance the benefits of sustainable air mobility. We are designing, manufacturing, and operating an all-electric aircraft that can carry four passengers for 60 miles at speeds of up to 150 mph while producing minimal noise.
Our sights are set high and our problems are hard, and we believe that diversity in the workplace is what makes us smarter, drives better insights, and will ultimately lift us all to success. We are dedicated to cultivating an equitable and inclusive environment that embraces our differences, and supports and celebrates all of our team members.
What you’ll do:
- Lead the architecture, development and certification of Flight Control Electronics for Archer's Aircraft Fly by Wire Flight Control System.
- Define roadmaps and schedules, organize and prioritize the work, track and communicate progress.
- Propose and evaluate technical concepts, perform trade-off analyses, and support the development of the Fly by Wire system functional and physical architectures in accordance with ARP 4754A.
- Support the definition and execution of the certification plan, and validation and verification plan.
- Define and validate the control electronics, and associated items requirements, including functional requirements, requirements implemented by hardware, and requirements implemented by software.
- Contribute to the integration and test of the system, support laboratory and aircraft integration, laboratory, ground, and flight test campaigns.
- Work closely with suppliers to select, procure, design, and build components for the Fly by Wire system.
- Work closely with other systems teams that interface with the Fly by Wire system, and other Archer teams including Supply Chain, Quality Assurance, Certification, Flight Test, and others.
What we are looking for
- 10+ years of experience in a related field.
- Experience leading technical teams or projects.
- Degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Aerospace or related field.
- Experience developing requirements specifications for control systems.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and implement full time critical systems.
- Good understanding of computer architecture, embedded software, communication standards and protocols (RS-422/485, CAN, ARINC-429, Ethernet, TCP/IP etc…).
- Good knowledge of ARP-4754A, DO-254 / DO-178C / DO-331 standards.
- Experience with all phases of aircraft development from concept to certification and entry into service.
- Good knowledge on 14 CFR parts 23/25/91/135 and applicable guidance materials.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills.
- Familiarity with Matlab/Simulink
- Familiarity with Python or similar scripting languages to conduct analysis.
- Familiarity with modeling tools (SysML/UML).
- Experience with Agile/SCRUM methodologies
Archer is headquartered in San Jose, California. On-site work is required due to the benefit of in-person interaction for complex problem solving and collaboration.
At Archer we aim to attract, retain, and motivate talent that possess the skills and leadership necessary to grow our business. We drive a pay-for-performance culture and reward performance that supports the Company’s business strategy. For this position we are targeting a base pay between $151,680 - $189,600. Actual compensation offered will be determined by factors such as job-related knowledge, skills, and experience.
Archer is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to job applicants with physical or mental disabilities, and those with sincerely held religious beliefs. Applicants who may require reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process should provide their name and contact information to Archer’s People Team at [email protected]. Reasonable accommodations will be determined on a case-by-case basis.
Archer is proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusivity in the workplace. All aspects of employment are decided on the basis of merit, qualifications, and business needs. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.