Electric mobility is the smart choice. We make it the easy one, too. So easy that someone plugs into our network every 1 second. Since 2007, we’ve focused solely on building the best electric vehicle (EV) charging experience for everyone involved in the shift to electric.
Join us in shaping the future of mobility. If you'd like to learn more about what it's like to build the new fueling network, check out our Engineering Blog: www.chargepoint.com/engineering
With electric vehicles expected to be nearly 30% of new vehicle sales by 2025 and more than 50% by 2040, electric mobility is becoming a reality. ChargePoint (NYSE: CHPT) is at the center of this revolution, powering one of the world’s leading EV charging networks and a comprehensive set of hardware, software and mobile solutions for every charging need across North America and Europe. We bring together drivers, businesses, automakers, policymakers, utilities and other stakeholders to make e-mobility a global reality.
Since our founding in 2007, ChargePoint has focused solely on making the transition to electric easy for businesses, fleets and drivers. ChargePoint offers a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to create an all-electric future and a trillion-dollar market.
At ChargePoint, we foster a positive and productive work environment by committing to live our values of Be Courageous, Charge Together, Love our Customers, Operate with Openness, and Relentlessly Pursue Awesome. These values guide how we show up every day, align, and work together to build a brighter future for all of us.
Join the team that is building the EV charging industry and make your mark on how people and goods will get everywhere they need to go, in any context, for generations to come.
Discover what it’s like to help build the fueling network of the future - check out our Engineering Blog.
Software Engineering Manager
What You Will Be Doing
- As a senior member you need to be someone whom the team can look up for guidance in technical design and architecture. You would need to be a go-to design consultant.
- As a senior member you will be involved in major initiatives and opportunities where you will be required to show your well-rounded skills in communication, technology, and execution to take a project from inception to general availability to customers.
- You will be expected to do system level design and bring in industry leading standard(s) and solution(s) to help scale ChargePoint to support real time communications with millions of charging stations. Your work will impact electrical vehicle drivers, fleets, and operations teams as they use the ChargePoint network across the globe.
- As a member of Station Services team you will be working as a representative of the Cloud IoT Platform services and will be someone who is part of projects running cross verticals. You are expected to execute initiatives by reaching out to cross functional team(s) like Product, Embedded platform, Quality, Support and Operations and to not just resolve there concerns, but work with them to define and build better solutions.
- As a member of Station Services team at ChargePoint, you’ll be working on code that’s closest to the business from building and maintaining real-time communication with stations involving authentication, Charging Session Data, Station telemetry and diagnostic data handling to name a few. You would be working with the industry standard protocols and help build, enhance, and mature the EV industry protocol standards.
- As a senior member you are expected to make our team better by contributing to code reviews, documentation, and the development process.
What You Will Bring to ChargePoint
- Design and write code for high-quality IoT gateway and backend applications, create robust applications, and develop functional prototypes quickly.
- Introduce new and cutting-edge technologies to help ChargePoint cloud make scalable and highly available solutions to handle large amount of real-time data and communication
- Mentor junior developers and continuously improve software engineering practices.
- Cultivate and suggest ideas for the extension of current systems to new products and services.
- Identify opportunities for further enhancements and refinements to standards, processes and systems.
- Work with the Product team to design and spec new functionality.
- Work with QA to understand and deliver the work in a given timeline.
- Participate in all phases of development, from design to implementation, unit testing, and release.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or equivalent
- At least 7 + years of industry experience
- Strong CS fundamentals with proven track record of delivery and execution using those fundamentals.
- Good with various server architectures, distributed systems, real time applications, Cloud Infrastructure and microservices
- Expertise in server-side programming languages like JAVA.Hands-on experience with Golang and PHP will be a plus.
- Experience in working with Docker and Kubernetes in an application.
- Experience with Internet of Things, Device and Network management will be a plus.
- Experience with architectural patterns of a large, high-scale cloud-based application.
- Working knowledge of different kinds of databases i.e. Relational, In-memory, NoSql etc.
- Knowledge of source control tools
- Working experience of multithreading and multiprocessing applications.
- Working knowledge of Asynchronous processing and queuing system like Kafka and RabbitMQ
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse team. ChargePoint is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status.
If there is a match between your experiences/skills and the Company needs, we will contact you directly.
ChargePoint is an equal opportunity employer.
Applicants only - Recruiting agencies do not contact.