Archer is an aerospace company building an all-electric vertical takeoff and landing aircraft focused on improving mobility in cities. The company's mission is to advance the benefits of sustainable air mobility. Archer is designing, manufacturing, and operating a fully electric aircraft that can carry four passengers for 60 miles at speeds of up to 150mph while producing minimal noise. Archer's team is based in the San Francisco Bay Area.
Archer is an aerospace company based in San Jose, California building an all-electric vertical takeoff and landing aircraft with a mission to advance the benefits of sustainable air mobility. We are designing, manufacturing, and operating an all-electric aircraft that can carry four passengers for 60 miles at speeds of up to 150 mph while producing minimal noise.
Our sights are set high and our problems are hard, and we believe that diversity in the workplace is what makes us smarter, drives better insights, and will ultimately lift us all to success. We are dedicated to cultivating an equitable and inclusive environment that embraces our differences, and supports and celebrates all of our team members.
- Act as a subject matter expert in leading cross-functional team discussions and facilitate the planning and execution of necessary testing to refine propulsion systems. Collaborate closely with the development team to ensure successful implementation of testing strategies.
- Develop comprehensive procedures for a variety of testing types, including development testing, acceptance testing, qualification testing, and certification testing, for powertrain and electronics systems and components.
- Innovate and develop new testing methodologies to support product development.
- Collaborate closely with the engineering team to gain a deep understanding of testing needs and manage associated activities.
- Ensure a clear understanding of test capacity, manage priorities effectively, and communicate schedules to stakeholders.
- Develop requirements for test stands and work closely with the equipment design team to ensure the appropriate capabilities are in place to support the product development process.
- Create scripts for test automation and in-situ data collection, while also assisting technicians in test setups and execution of tests as needed on test equipment such as test platforms, chambers, shakers, and test benches. Mentor engineers in best practices for test management.
- B.S. in Electrical Engineering or related discipline is required. M.S. in Electrical Engineering or related discipline preferred.
- Experience in propulsion HV electric motor/ inverter testing specifically around integration or development testing is required
- Experience with test equipment such as a dyno and its related equipment
- Knowledge or experience with environmental and durability testing and related accelerated test methodologies especially in electrical or electromechanical devices is required
- Familiarity with automated test station hardware and software tools (e.g. NI, Labview, Python)
- Master of all types of lab instruments such as oscilloscopes, NI DAQ systems, power analyzers, power supplies etc
- Experience managing vendors that are performing the design and build of test stations
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
At Archer we aim to attract, retain, and motivate talent that possess the skills and leadership necessary to grow our business. We drive a pay-for-performance culture and reward performance that supports the Company’s business strategy. For this position we are targeting a base pay between $108,000 - $135,000 . Actual compensation offered will be determined by factors such as job-related knowledge, skills, and experience.
Archer is proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusivity in the workplace. All aspects of employment are decided on the basis of merit, qualifications, and business needs. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.