Archer is an aerospace company building an all-electric vertical takeoff and landing aircraft focused on improving mobility in cities. The company's mission is to advance the benefits of sustainable air mobility. Archer is designing, manufacturing, and operating a fully electric aircraft that can carry four passengers for 60 miles at speeds of up to 150mph while producing minimal noise. Archer's team is based in the San Francisco Bay Area.
Archer is an aerospace company based in San Jose, California building an all-electric vertical takeoff and landing aircraft with a mission to advance the benefits of sustainable air mobility. We are designing, manufacturing, and operating an all-electric aircraft that can carry four passengers for 60 miles at speeds of up to 150 mph while producing minimal noise.
Our sights are set high and our problems are hard, and we believe that diversity in the workplace is what makes us smarter, drives better insights, and will ultimately lift us all to success. We are dedicated to cultivating an equitable and inclusive environment that embraces our differences, and supports and celebrates all of our team members.
What you’ll do:
- Perform a wide range of tasks including: requirements development, system modeling, interface definition, safety analysis, verification procedure creation and test execution
- Perform Integration activities of the Flight Deck Avionics System including the Maintenance & Recording Subsystem in the Avionics and Integrated Labs
- Assist with definition of installation and qualification requirements for Maintenance & Recording equipment within the Avionics System
- Ensure Maintenance & Recording Subsystem requirement sets are complete and correct, with traceability to and fulfilling higher-level requirements
- Work with Pilots, Operators, Maintainers and Human Factors to optimize the maintenance functionality
- Own and implement Central Maintenance Computed (CMC) and FDR configurations.
- Coordinate integration of the Maintenance & Recording Subsystem with other Aircraft Systems (Flight Controls, Propulsion, Battery, …)
- Liaison with Technical Publications organization for maintenance related documentation
- Manage and develop supplier relationships
- Collaborate with other System Engineers to ensure the fully integrated aircraft meets its requirements and is optimized
- Coordinate Integrated Avionics related development, integration and verification activities between Archer teams and suppliers.
- Based in Archer HQ, San Jose, CA. Travel: 10% or less.
What you need:
- Familiarity with programming languages (e.g. Python, JSON, XML)
- Good understanding of aviation protocols (mainly ARINC 717, ARINC 429, Ethernet, RS-232/RS-422, Discretes, Analogs, CAN bus)
- Excellent verbal and written interpersonal communication
- Passion for learning and problem solving
- Collaborative Mindset, Willingness to step in and support where needed
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical or Computer Engineering (or related field)
- 6+ years of experience in Integrated avionics systems development, integration and/or installation
- Experience on one or more programs with a formal Systems Engineering process
- Experience with: 14 CFR Part 23 and/or 25 Certification, ARP-4754/ARP-4761, DO-254, DO-178b/c
- Experience with functional and non-functional requirement definition for Integrated Avionics computing and networking components
- Experience executing formal Validation and Verification activities in a civil aerospace program
- Significant Experience with Requirements Management Tools such as Polarian and/or DOORS
- Experience with: 14 CFR Part 91 and/or 135 Certification
- Experience developing or using Model Based Systems Engineering (MBSE) models and tools
- Experience with Agile development methods
Archer is proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusivity in the workplace. All aspects of employment are decided on the basis of merit, qualifications, and business needs. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.