Fluence is the leading global energy storage technology and services company, created and backed by Siemens and AES, two industry powerhouses and pioneers in energy storage. Fluence unites the scale, experience, breadth, and financial backing of the two most experienced icons in energy storage.
Our mission is to create a more sustainable future by transforming the way we power our world. Energy storage is critical to this transformation, yet today the market is fragmented and customers face the challenge of finding a trusted technology partner amidst conflicting technical claims, inexperienced vendors and installers, and new market entrants with limited power sector knowledge.
Fluence brings the proven technology solutions and services that overcome the commercial and regulatory barriers that stand in the way of modernizing our energy networks. We are the partner that can deliver at a global scale with the most experienced and knowledgeable team in the world.
About Fluence: Fluence Energy, Inc. (Nasdaq: FLNC) is a global market leader in energy storage products and services, and optimization software for renewables and storage. With a presence in over 47 markets globally, Fluence provides an ecosystem of offerings to drive the clean energy transition, including modular, scalable energy storage products, comprehensive service offerings, and the Fluence IQ Platform, which delivers AI-enabled SaaS products for managing and optimizing renewables and storage from any provider. Fluence is transforming the way we power our world by helping customers create more resilient and sustainable electric grids.
OUR CULTURE AND VALUES
We are guided by our passion to transform the way we power our world. Achieving our goals requires creativity, diversity of ideas and backgrounds, and building trust to effect change and move with speed.
We are Leading
Fluence currently has thousands of MW of energy storage projects operated or awarded worldwide in addition to the thousands of MW of projects managed by our trading platform—and we are growing every day.
We are Responsible
Fluence is defined by its unwavering commitment to safety, quality, and integrity.
We are Agile
We achieve our goals and meet our customer’s needs by cultivating curiosity, adaptability, and self-reflection in our teams.
We are Fun
We value the diversity in thought and experience of our coworkers and customers. Through honest, forthcoming, and respectful communications we work to ensure that Fluence is an inclusive and welcoming environment for all.
• Competent in HV/EHV design, calculations, studies & technical documents of Electrical Balance of plant or Power Substation (eBoP): up to 110/220kV.
• Take the lead in identifying and evaluating proposals from BOP contractors to support system integration.
• Review engineering deliverables and initiate appropriate corrective actions.
• Ensure completed systems conform to all specifications, codes, standards and customer requirements.
• Cooperate and communicate effectively with the project manager and other project participants to provide assistance and technical support.
• Maintain project schedule by monitoring project progress, coordinating activities, and resolving problems.
• Prepare, schedule, coordinate and monitor the assigned engineering projects.
• Monitor compliance to applicable codes, practices, QA/QC policies, performance standards and specifications.
• Interact daily with the clients to interpret their needs and requirements and represent them in the field.
• Perform overall quality control of the work (budget, schedule, plans, personnel’s performance) and report regularly on project status.
• Confirm product performance by designing and conducting tests, including quality assurance checks to verify the quality of completed projects.
• Maintain a safe and clean working environment by enforcing procedures, rules, and regulations.
• Working closely with Energy Storage project and engineering teams, lead the construction site activities for battery storage projects until satisfactory completion.
• Answer questions and resolve issues brought forward by internal project team members, subcontractors, and customers.
• Prepare and deliver various engineering-related presentations, both internally and externally.
• BS/BA minimum; Electrical Engineering preferred
• 7+ years of design and engineering experience.
• Experience in Engineering Procurement Construction (EPC) for High Voltage Systems, Wind, Solar, or Conventional Power Generation.
• Willing and able to travel domestically and internationally (20%)
• Electrical Chartered Professional status is preferred.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Organizational competencies and project management skills to keep projects, processes, and the entire engineering team on track.
• Self-motivated attitude with the ability to multitask and thrive in a timeline-driven environment.
• Interpersonal communication skills with expertise in resolving disagreements and distilling complicated topics to a broader audience.
• Familiarity with rules, regulations, best practices, and performance standards
• Ability to solve complex technical problems and communicate results.
• Ability to review contracts and technical requirements.
• Ability to work individually or as part of a team.
Fluence IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER and fully subscribes to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity to ensure that all applicants and employees are considered for hire, promotion, and job status without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital or familial status.