Fluence is the leading global energy storage technology and services company, created and backed by Siemens and AES, two industry powerhouses and pioneers in energy storage. Fluence unites the scale, experience, breadth, and financial backing of the two most experienced icons in energy storage.
Our mission is to create a more sustainable future by transforming the way we power our world. Energy storage is critical to this transformation, yet today the market is fragmented and customers face the challenge of finding a trusted technology partner amidst conflicting technical claims, inexperienced vendors and installers, and new market entrants with limited power sector knowledge.
Fluence brings the proven technology solutions and services that overcome the commercial and regulatory barriers that stand in the way of modernizing our energy networks. We are the partner that can deliver at a global scale with the most experienced and knowledgeable team in the world.
About Fluence: Fluence Energy, Inc. (Nasdaq: FLNC) is a global market leader in energy storage products and services, and optimization software for renewables and storage. With a presence in over 47 markets globally, Fluence provides an ecosystem of offerings to drive the clean energy transition, including modular, scalable energy storage products, comprehensive service offerings, and the Fluence IQ Platform, which delivers AI-enabled SaaS products for managing and optimizing renewables and storage from any provider. Fluence is transforming the way we power our world by helping customers create more resilient and sustainable electric grids.
OUR CULTURE AND VALUES
We are guided by our passion to transform the way we power our world. Achieving our goals requires creativity, diversity of ideas and backgrounds, and building trust to effect change and move with speed.
We are Leading
Fluence currently has thousands of MW of energy storage projects operated or awarded worldwide in addition to the thousands of MW of projects managed by our trading platform—and we are growing every day.
We are Responsible
Fluence is defined by its unwavering commitment to safety, quality, and integrity.
We are Agile
We achieve our goals and meet our customer’s needs by cultivating curiosity, adaptability, and self-reflection in our teams.
We are Fun
We value the diversity in thought and experience of our coworkers and customers. Through honest, forthcoming, and respectful communications we work to ensure that Fluence is an inclusive and welcoming environment for all.
This position will be within Fluence’s software engineering team working on the Nispera
Asset Performance Management (APM) platform. The role will be based in Fluence’s excellence center in Bangalore and will report to the Nispera software engineering team located in Europe. As the Software Engineering Manager, you will provide technology leadership and partner with cross-functional teams to develop battery storage and renewable solutions for our APM platform.
Educational and Professional Qualifications:
1. BSc or higher in computer science or a closely related field.
2. 10+ years of professional working experience in software engineering.
3. Hands-on experience in web development, both frontend and backend.
4. 3+ years of experience in building and leading software engineering teams.
5. Demonstrated ability to collaborate with cross-functional teams and build solid working relationships — from individual contributors to executives.
6. Experience working and delivering products or services in an agile/lean environment.
7. Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
Preferred Knowledge and Experience:
1. Knowledge of the energy industry with focus on renewables.
2. Knowledge of cloud infrastructure and services.
3. Experience in containerisation (Docker, Kubernetes) and micro-services architecture.
Roles and Responsibilities:
1. Hands-on software development including code review.
2. Lead and manage a team of software engineers focusing on web development.
3. Offer technical guidance for frontend and API developers.
4. Expand team through hiring.
5. Work together with data science and product management teams to translate functional product specifications to software requirement specifications.
6. Model and cultivate a culture of inclusivity, trust, exceptional communication, collaboration, respect, continuous learning, and enthusiasm for our work.
Fluence IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER and fully subscribes to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity to ensure that all applicants and employees are considered for hire, promotion, and job status without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital or familial status.