Archer is an aerospace company building an all-electric vertical takeoff and landing aircraft focused on improving mobility in cities. The company's mission is to advance the benefits of sustainable air mobility. Archer is designing, manufacturing, and operating a fully electric aircraft that can carry four passengers for 60 miles at speeds of up to 150mph while producing minimal noise. Archer's team is based in the San Francisco Bay Area.
Archer is an aerospace company based in San Jose, California building an all-electric vertical takeoff and landing aircraft with a mission to advance the benefits of sustainable air mobility. We are designing, manufacturing, and operating an all-electric aircraft that can carry four passengers for 60 miles at speeds of up to 150 mph while producing minimal noise.
Our sights are set high and our problems are hard, and we believe that diversity in the workplace is what makes us smarter, drives better insights, and will ultimately lift us all to success. We are dedicated to cultivating an equitable and inclusive environment that embraces our differences, and supports and celebrates all of our team members.
What you’ll do:
- Demonstrate structural integrity of static strength, stiffness, stability, fatigue, durability, damage tolerance and other requirements through hand calculations and finite element methods supported by test
- Structural analysis utilizing hand calculations and finite element methods.
- Preparation and publication of stress analysis documentation
- Supporting design reviews and release of parts
- Supporting component and assembly tests, including definition, planning, requirements, and report writing
- Collaborate with suppliers and engineers from loads, design, M&P, structural test and certification throughout the entire product development process from prototype to high rate production
What you need:
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering (or related) with 5+ years related to structural analysis or relevant disciplines. Relevant graduate degrees may account for post Bachelor’s experience
- In-depth understanding of loading scenarios, free body diagrams, behavior of aircraft components and mechanics of composite materials
- Advanced proficiency in hand calculations and finite element analysis of composite structures and metallic structures
- Ability to generate and review detailed analysis reports and aircraft type certification documents
- Ability to communicate clearly and succinctly in written and visual form
- Attention to detail, strong organization and time management skills
- Self-starter, team player, and desire to work in a fast-paced environment
- Experience with the manufacturing of composite parts or mechanical systems
- Programming, scripting, or engineering automation experience
- Proficiency with NX or other CAD software
- Expert knowledge of Femap/Nastran
- Experience with method validation process based on test data
- Hands on experience working within aircraft certification program
- Excellent understanding of FAR Part 23/27 regulations
- Experience with MRB
At Archer we aim to attract, retain, and motivate talent that possess the skills and leadership necessary to grow our business. We drive a pay-for-performance culture and reward performance that supports the Company’s business strategy. For this position we are targeting a base pay between $122,880-$168,960. Actual compensation offered will be determined by factors such as job-related knowledge, skills, and experience.
Archer is proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusivity in the workplace. All aspects of employment are decided on the basis of merit, qualifications, and business needs. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.