Archer is an aerospace company building an all-electric vertical takeoff and landing aircraft focused on improving mobility in cities. The company's mission is to advance the benefits of sustainable air mobility. Archer is designing, manufacturing, and operating a fully electric aircraft that can carry four passengers for 60 miles at speeds of up to 150mph while producing minimal noise. Archer's team is based in the San Francisco Bay Area.
Archer is an aerospace company based in San Jose, California building an all-electric vertical takeoff and landing aircraft with a mission to advance the benefits of sustainable air mobility. We are designing, manufacturing, and operating an all-electric aircraft that can carry four passengers for 60 miles at speeds of up to 150 mph while producing minimal noise.
Our sights are set high and our problems are hard, and we believe that diversity in the workplace is what makes us smarter, drives better insights, and will ultimately lift us all to success. We are dedicated to cultivating an equitable and inclusive environment that embraces our differences, and supports and celebrates all of our team members.
As a member of our quality team you will help define the inspection process for our first certified aircraft. You will help us achieve airline-like levels of safety while offering urban air transportation at a price accessible to all, setting the bar for the entire nascent advanced air mobility industry.
What you’ll do
- Execute daily inspections for both receiving and in process inspections
- Review completed manufacturing operations to ensure compliance to both Archer and industry specification
- Help develop the establishment of an aircraft inspection plan which can include CMMs, laser trackers and other inspection tools
- Assist in the planning and process for company inspection in support of FAA conformity inspection and certification process.
- Support the development and roll out of Advanced Product Quality Planning techniques such as PFMEAs, control plans and SPC
What you need-
- 7+ years’ hands on experience using with metrology equipment such as CMMs, Laser Trackers, scanners, arms and digital inspection equipment
- Experience completing first article inspections with working knowledge of the tools required for inspection
- Experience with MES systems such as SAP and performing inspection plans electronically
- Experience working in a manufacturing environment in aerospace or other highly regulated environments
- Experience with tolerance and drawing reviews including assessing the ability to verify dimensional requirements
- Experience with conformity and working with the FAA as a DMR/DAR capacity or direct support to the flight line
- Experience with FAI software such as DISCUS or NetInspect
- Experience reading GDT with model based definition or fully dimensional 3D models
- Experience operating mobile CMM equipment such as laser trackers or faro arms including softwares (examples are PC-DMIS, Metrolog, Calypso)
At Archer we aim to attract, retain, and motivate talent that possess the skills and leadership necessary to grow our business. We drive a pay-for-performance culture and reward performance that supports the Company’s business strategy. For this position we are targeting an hourly rate of $30.00-$35.00. Actual compensation offered will be determined by factors such as job-related knowledge, skills, and experience.
Archer is committed to provide a safe workplace and a safe aircraft. This is a safety sensitive designated role. Employment in safety sensitive positions is contingent on successful passage of a background check and is subject to pre-employment and random drug screening.
Archer is proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusivity in the workplace. All aspects of employment are decided on the basis of merit, qualifications, and business needs. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.