Carbon Clean is an established global leader in industrial carbon capture solutions helping essential, but hard-to-abate, industries decarbonise. Our innovative solutions significantly reduce the costs and environmental impacts of carbon capture compared to conventional technologies.
Technology to achieve 'net zero'.
This client facing position will be responsible for leading development and delivery of carbon capture technology projects, coordinating globally dispersed technical teams and external contractors. You will be ready for the next step in your career with ambition to develop into a project management leader in the zero-carbon economy.
Key Responsibilities and Outcomes
- Definition and Execution of assigned projects to the baseline scope, schedule, budget, execution strategy
- Accountable to deliver assigned project within Cost, Schedule, Safety & Quality targets.
- Identify and proactively manage project risks, including capturing previously unidentified risks
- Status, progress and performance tracking against scope, schedule, budget, quality and benefits management
- Active scope management – ensuring all changes are approved internally by Project Delivery and Client including Client management of expectations and delivery to agreed baseline
- Utilise experience to input to peer Project Manager(s) and Project Delivery Team to improve current / future project performance – Be part of our continuous improvement expertise.
- Building trusted and credible working relationships both within and outside the company.
- Effective people engagement and collaboration with clients, internal technical support disciplines and contracted suppliers such as EPCs, OEMs and Fabrication / Installation providers.
- Being a ‘good client’ to Carbon Clean’s developing supply chain, understanding their needs and expectations balanced with meeting commercial returns.
- Diligently owning risk, scope, schedule, budget, execution strategy, reporting and performance
- Identifying and raising issues early - Management of leading indicators for early identification of issues and corrective action.
- Work closely with project controls function and project delivery leadership – utilise their accountability to enable your projects to succeed.
- Status, progress, and performance tracking against schedule, finance, quality, and benefits management.
- Keeping multiple moving parts in sync, often across several projects
- Leading project teams for bids, studies and delivery of plant.
- Complying with company Project Delivery governance framework – supporting overall value and strategic needs. You will be required to demonstrate that the basic principles of project success are in place.
- Participation in and facilitate reviews for risk, investment readiness, lessons learned, benefits, performance, and quality.
- Support other project managers and project engineers within the team.
To be successful in this role you should have a combination of the below knowledge, skills, and experience:
The position would suit an engineering discipline professional, possibly process or mechanical. 10 years+ experience in supporting delivery of process-industry centric engineering projects.
- Degree level qualified.
- Knowledge of project controls and project management critical success factors with demonstrated experience of adapting and applying them successfully.
- leading client facing projects at increasing value and complexity.
- Demonstrable experience of driving project delivery excellence in ambiguous and changing circumstances.
- Working effectively with globally dispersed teams and supply chains.
- Evidenced relationship building skills, especially building relationships remotely,
- Experience of EPC type operations and technology equipment package suppliers.
- Project or Programme Management Qualifications an advantage but hands on experience, and self-development from that experience, a must.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills – able to influence both with and without authority across remote/dispersed teams and create a sense of community amongst project teams.
- Agile, diplomatic, and hands-on approach to managing technical customer interactions and expectations.
- Commercial acumen.
- Comfortable with the tension between expectations to operate independently yet proactively engaging with others for support when needed – support a no surprises culture
- Comfort working in a fast paced, often ambiguous, start-up environment requiring flexibility and pragmatism.
- Natural preference for driving efficiency, minimal bureaucracy, and confidence of how to achieve high performance of projects in that context.
- Able to thrive in low ego, autonomous and collaborative environment – desire to contribute your expertise and approach
- Hybrid working arrangement – 2 days a week in the office
- When you are in the office, you will be in our new and stylish London HQ, with a great location for transport and social events
- 25 days holiday plus Bank Holidays
- Private Healthcare (family cover available for all colleagues)
- Health Cash Plan
- Income Protection and Critical Illness Cover
- Employee Assistance and Wellbeing programme
- Generous pension contribution – minimum of 5% contributed by the company
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Employee Perks scheme
- Support towards professional memberships
- The opportunity to continue to develop both personally and professionally, in our rapidly growing company
- A brilliant company culture that encourages initiative, collaboration, and positivity at work