Archer is an aerospace company building an all-electric vertical takeoff and landing aircraft focused on improving mobility in cities. The company's mission is to advance the benefits of sustainable air mobility. Archer is designing, manufacturing, and operating a fully electric aircraft that can carry four passengers for 60 miles at speeds of up to 150mph while producing minimal noise. Archer's team is based in the San Francisco Bay Area.
Archer is an aerospace company based in San Jose, California building an all-electric vertical takeoff and landing aircraft with a mission to advance the benefits of sustainable air mobility. We are designing, manufacturing, and operating an all-electric aircraft that can carry four passengers for 60 miles at speeds of up to 150 mph while producing minimal noise.
Our sights are set high and our problems are hard, and we believe that diversity in the workplace is what makes us smarter, drives better insights, and will ultimately lift us all to success. We are dedicated to cultivating an equitable and inclusive environment that embraces our differences, and supports and celebrates all of our team members.
What you’ll do:
- Responsible to lead the eCAD tools and design PCBAs utilized in eVTOL applications
- Create and manage the Altium eCAD library (generating symbols, footprints, and parameters)
- Perform component placement, trace routing, analysis, verification, and related work on new and existing printed circuit board (PCB) designs
- Generate fabrication drawings, parts lists, and bills of materials for printed circuit board assemblies (PCBA) designs
- Develop efficient processes interchanging design information across electrical, mechanical, and product lifecycle engineering tools
- Work closely with a cross-functional team consisting of electrical, mechanical, project management, and product lifecycle engineering
What you need:
- BS Degree in Electrical Engineering / PCBA design with 5+ years or MS with 3+ years of experience in related fields
- Experience designing rigid, flex, and rigid-flex printed circuit board designs for applications such as high voltage inverters, mixed signal boards, battery management systems, and gate driver boards
- A working knowledge of high voltage creepage and clearance design considerations
- Experience with length matching, differential pairs, and design for low RF susceptibility / emissions
- Knowledge of multi-layer board stack-ups and technologies such as blind/buried vias, impedance controlled nets, digital, high-speed, and analog
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
- Experience integration Altium with Siemens NX and Teamcenter
- Experienced in the use of lab instruments, such as power supplies, oscilloscopes, signal generators, etc.
- Experience performing schematic capture for mixed signal, high voltage, and high power applications
At Archer we aim to attract, retain, and motivate talent that possess the skills and leadership necessary to grow our business. We drive a pay-for-performance culture and reward performance that supports the Company’s business strategy. For this position we are targeting a base pay between $134,400 - $168,000. Actual compensation offered will be determined by factors such as job-related knowledge, skills, and experience.
Archer is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to job applicants with physical or mental disabilities, and those with sincerely held religious beliefs. Applicants who may require reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process should provide their name and contact information to Archer’s People Team at [email protected]. Reasonable accommodations will be determined on a case-by-case basis.
Archer is proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusivity in the workplace. All aspects of employment are decided on the basis of merit, qualifications, and business needs. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.