Archer is an aerospace company building an all-electric vertical takeoff and landing aircraft focused on improving mobility in cities. The company's mission is to advance the benefits of sustainable air mobility. Archer is designing, manufacturing, and operating a fully electric aircraft that can carry four passengers for 60 miles at speeds of up to 150mph while producing minimal noise. Archer's team is based in the San Francisco Bay Area.
Archer is an aerospace company based in San Jose, California building an all-electric vertical takeoff and landing aircraft with a mission to advance the benefits of sustainable air mobility. We are designing, manufacturing, and operating an all-electric aircraft that can carry four passengers for 60 miles at speeds of up to 150 mph while producing minimal noise.
Our sights are set high and our problems are hard, and we believe that diversity in the workplace is what makes us smarter, drives better insights, and will ultimately lift us all to success. We are dedicated to cultivating an equitable and inclusive environment that embraces our differences, and supports and celebrates all of our team members.
What You’ll Do:
This position will start by partnering with the current Manufacturing Engineering (ME) team to understand the build process and quickly transition into authoring manufacturing work instructions for the aircraft assembly and integration. The ME team will then support the initial Low Rate Initial Production (LRIP) builds before transitioning to the manufacturing site for on-site support. You will perform the following:
- Work in a fast paced and flexible environment
- Apply knowledge of structural assemblies and installations to collaborate with and influence our multidisciplinary teams in the development of a new eVTOL aircraft
- Use knowledge of industry standard components to develop manufacturing build plans (line layout, manufacturing work instructions, part flow, tools, equipment, precedence network, testing processes, etc.)
- Support the manufacturing shop floor through Root Cause and Corrective Action (RCCA), red line activities, process improvements, and flow reduction activities
- Drive Design for Manufacturability efforts within the Design Engineering teams
- Develop and implement cost effective processes improvements for Lean production and tooling methodologies
- Perform technical data analysis related to product workflow, manpower forecasting, and manufacturing performance
- Develop specifications for tooling and fixturing to aid in the manufacturing processes
- Support supply chain development and procurement of composite components and structural assemblies
- Perform Final Acceptance Testing of manufacturing equipment
- Support first unit builds and testing of the production system
What You Need:
- Bachelor's degree in Manufacturing Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, or related field
- 10+ years of experience with aircraft or automotive structures, or systems manufacturing
- Hands on experience with processes utilized in the fabrication, installation, inspection, and repair of composite components and structural assemblies
- Hands on experience with secondary bonding of composite components
- Experienced in design for manufacturing, lean manufacturing, and capacity planning techniques
- Experience developing production lines for both prototype builds and full scale production
- Experience standing up new production facilities
- Willingness to explore, and advocate for, alternative design solutions
- Demonstrated experience with GD&T
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- Siemens NX/Teamcenter/EasyPlan experience
- Demonstrated experience with GD&T
- Part 23 experience
- Working under an FAA Production Certificate
- Manufacturing work instruction development experience
- Willingness to work alternative shifts
- San Jose, California
- This role will move to Covington, Georgia in 2024 to support launching our high volume manufacturing facility
Please note that this job description is intended to provide a general overview of the position and does not include an exhaustive list of responsibilities and qualifications. This position will be located in San Jose, CA for 9 - 12 months then relocate to Covington, GA.
At Archer we aim to attract, retain, and motivate talent that possess the skills and leadership necessary to grow our business. We drive a pay-for-performance culture and reward performance that supports the Company’s business strategy. For this position we are targeting a base pay between $135,000 - $145,000. Actual compensation offered will be determined by factors such as job-related knowledge, skills, and experience.
Archer is committed to provide a safe workplace and a safe aircraft. This is a safety sensitive designated role. Employment in safety sensitive positions is contingent on successful passage of a background check and is subject to pre-employment and random drug screening.
Archer is proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusivity in the workplace. All aspects of employment are decided on the basis of merit, qualifications, and business needs. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.