Archer is an aerospace company building an all-electric vertical takeoff and landing aircraft focused on improving mobility in cities. The company's mission is to advance the benefits of sustainable air mobility. Archer is designing, manufacturing, and operating a fully electric aircraft that can carry four passengers for 60 miles at speeds of up to 150mph while producing minimal noise. Archer's team is based in the San Francisco Bay Area.
Archer is an aerospace company based in San Jose, California building an all-electric vertical takeoff and landing aircraft with a mission to advance the benefits of sustainable air mobility. We are designing, manufacturing, and operating an all-electric aircraft that can carry four passengers for 60 miles at speeds of up to 150 mph while producing minimal noise.
Our sights are set high and our problems are hard, and we believe that diversity in the workplace is what makes us smarter, drives better insights, and will ultimately lift us all to success. We are dedicated to cultivating an equitable and inclusive environment that embraces our differences, and supports and celebrates all of our team members.
What you’ll do:
- Assist in establishing an Industrial Engineering functional home room that is a high performing support organization inclusive of policies, procedures, training, tool utilization and employee development
- Be a collaborative partner who drives change and establishes standardization of IE products in order to achieve functional excellence
- Provide guidelines in development, production and quality control for manufacturing processes
- Perform technical data analysis related to product workflow, manpower forecasting, and manufacturing performance
- Establish KPIs to support performance management, identify trends and mitigate risks, and support manufacturing and other departments
- Complete data analysis pertaining to production and sustainment performance, cost control, cost reduction, and other related production systems issues using data analysis tools, Google Docs suite, OneNote, or Project. On the basis of these studies you will then monitor the development and implementation changes to production workflow, manpower, or the schedule
- Develop detailed work plans in collaboration with the Manufacturing Leadership team
- Establish methods for maximum utilization of manufacturing personnel
- Provide an effective interface to all departments and provide assistance as needed
- Plan and assign work strategies in the production schedule to include maintenance of production equipment and proper inspection intervals
- Assist with equipment installations and project planning
- Design facilities; including layout of machines, equipment, offices, material handling equipment, raw material and product storage with the purpose of establishing the most efficient work flow and utilization of the facilities as possible. Typically involves investigating, analyzing, and determining the overall advantage of requests for new facilities and equipment, the rearrangement of existing facilities and the modifications, repair or scrapping of machinery and equipment. Develops short and long term manufacturing strategies and objectives to include capital equipment and tooling investments.
- Lead efforts to automate production processes
- Manage projects aimed at automating production processes
- Utilizes Continuous Improvement tools to identify opportunities and lead process improvement projects designed toward optimizing operational costs and achieving maximum utilization of manpower, equipment, facilities, and investment dollars. Implements manufacturing techniques and processes (JIT, Continuous Flow, Kanban, manufacturing cells, etc.) aimed at reducing manufacturing labor costs, product throughput time, cycle time, inventory, and overall manufacturing operations costs. Recommends improvements keeping in mind the interaction of related operations or tasks and the optimization of operational costs.
- Designs and conducts training for process and system changes, labor management system and Continuous Improvement tools
- Design and oversee the fabrication and installation of manufacturing aids and equipment modifications to assist production as required
- Assists in organizational planning by identifying capacity constraints and specifying requirements of optimization including facilities usage, equipment usage and human effort
- Advise management on cost impact of new jobs and the economics of making or buying parts and processes
- Develop through various work measurement techniques, time standards and performance measures required for performing various operations and introducing work simplification in order to reduce costs and eliminate motion
- Works with production personnel, manufacturing engineering, and quality to develop, analyze, investigate, and solve problems relating to sequence of work, labor standards, manpower assignments, manpower expenditures, changes in operation, methods improvements, equipment requirements and facility layouts
- Develops reports, charts, graphs and cost justification to communicate overall impact (economic - flow and cost) and track progress
What you need:
- Bachelor’s degree in Industrial Engineering or Industrial Technology
- 10+ years industrial engineering experience within aerospace from mid to final assembly.
- Ability to understand, apply and implement concepts and lean tools to the company production system for improvement
- Demonstrate potential to design, analyze and implement industrial engineering techniques.
- Excellent oral and writing communication skills
- Proven track record as a collaborator who works effectively interfacing with all functions
- San Jose, California
- This role will move to Covington, Georgia in 2024 to support launching our high volume manufacturing facility
At Archer we aim to attract, retain, and motivate talent that possess the skills and leadership necessary to grow our business. We drive a pay-for-performance culture and reward performance that supports the Company’s business strategy. For this position we are targeting a base pay between $148,000 - $185,000. Actual compensation offered will be determined by factors such as job-related knowledge, skills, and experience.
Archer is committed to provide a safe workplace and a safe aircraft. This is a safety sensitive designated role. Employment in safety sensitive positions is contingent on successful passage of a background check and is subject to pre-employment and random drug screening.
Archer is proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusivity in the workplace. All aspects of employment are decided on the basis of merit, qualifications, and business needs. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.