Archer is an aerospace company building an all-electric vertical takeoff and landing aircraft focused on improving mobility in cities. The company's mission is to advance the benefits of sustainable air mobility. Archer is designing, manufacturing, and operating a fully electric aircraft that can carry four passengers for 60 miles at speeds of up to 150mph while producing minimal noise. Archer's team is based in the San Francisco Bay Area.
Archer is an aerospace company based in San Jose, California building an all-electric vertical takeoff and landing aircraft with a mission to advance the benefits of sustainable air mobility. We are designing, manufacturing, and operating an all-electric aircraft that can carry four passengers for 60 miles at speeds of up to 150 mph while producing minimal noise.
Our sights are set high and our problems are hard, and we believe that diversity in the workplace is what makes us smarter, drives better insights, and will ultimately lift us all to success. We are dedicated to cultivating an equitable and inclusive environment that embraces our differences, and supports and celebrates all of our team members.
What you’ll do:
- Design and implement flight control algorithms for novel electric VTOL aircraft
- Implement creative solutions to efficiently verify complex systems and software
- Run trade studies to inform aircraft design and system architecture
- Work with the Flight Test team to design tests that safely evaluate the vehicle capabilities
- Improve the fidelity and capabilities of our vehicle and environment simulation models
- Analyze full-scale and subscale flight data to improve our models
- Author software requirements and test cases that drive the design of the GNC software
- Collaborate with Systems Engineering to properly decompose higher level requirements
- Collaborate with Systems Safety and Systems Engineering to identify and correct any deficiencies in the Flight Control System.
What you need:
- 5+ years experience in Guidance, Navigation Control
- Strong knowledge of vehicle dynamics, optimization, and both classical and modern control theory
- MS in Aerospace Engineering, Electrical/Computer Engineering, or a related field
- Proficiency in MATLAB/Simulink
- Experience with model-based software development under DO-178C / DO-331Familiarity with aircraft or rotorcraft performance and handling qualities requirements
- Experience with envelope protection
- Phd in Aerospace Engineering, Electrical/Computer Engineering, or a related field
- Experience with modeling physics, sensors, and actuators
- Experience applying system identification techniques to aircraft or rotorcraft
- Knowledge of fault detection and isolation techniques
- Experience implementing trajectory generation and/or optimization algorithms
- Experience flight testing piloted and/or autonomous aircraft or rotorcraft
- Piloting experience (aircraft or rotorcraft)
At Archer we aim to attract, retain, and motivate talent that possess the skills and leadership necessary to grow our business. We drive a pay-for-performance culture and reward performance that supports the Company’s business strategy. For this position we are targeting a base pay between $134,000.00-$168,000. Actual compensation offered will be determined by factors such as job-related knowledge, skills, and experience.
Archer is proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusivity in the workplace. All aspects of employment are decided on the basis of merit, qualifications, and business needs. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.