Archer is an aerospace company building an all-electric vertical takeoff and landing aircraft focused on improving mobility in cities. The company's mission is to advance the benefits of sustainable air mobility. Archer is designing, manufacturing, and operating a fully electric aircraft that can carry four passengers for 60 miles at speeds of up to 150mph while producing minimal noise. Archer's team is based in the San Francisco Bay Area.
Archer is an aerospace company based in San Jose, California building an all-electric vertical takeoff and landing aircraft with a mission to advance the benefits of sustainable air mobility. We are designing, manufacturing, and operating an all-electric aircraft that can carry four passengers for 60 miles at speeds of up to 150 mph while producing minimal noise.
Our sights are set high and our problems are hard, and we believe that diversity in the workplace is what makes us smarter, drives better insights, and will ultimately lift us all to success. We are dedicated to cultivating an equitable and inclusive environment that embraces our differences, and supports and celebrates all of our team members.
What You’ll Do:
- Support the development and certification of Archer’s piloted eVTOL aircraft project.
- Maintain configuration control of the data acquisition system.
- Design, install and maintain the data acquisition system and associated hardware and software.
- Ensure data is processed post-flight.
- Develop software to create GUI interfaces required for real-time and post-flight data visualization on and off aircraft.
- Ensure flight test instrumentation activities are completed on time and within budget.
- Key advisor to the Instrumentation manager regarding all aircraft instrumentation activities.
- Develop processes and documentation to support the installation and maintenance of flight test instrumentation.
- Collaborate with the flight test, engineering and certification teams to plan and perform all required development and certification flight test activities.
- Collaborate with all engineering design and analysis teams to establish a comprehensive instrumentation plan including, but not limited to all strain monitoring, temperature monitoring, vibration monitoring, pressure monitoring, airflow monitoring, etc.
- Assist in designing instrumentation wiring, termination, and integration with the aircraft.
- Assist in designing all hardware required for flight test including but not limited to instrumentation racks, air data booms, Flutter, DGPS, Workstations, Video systems, Telemetry,etc.
- Assist in training Technicians about FTI systems and sensors.
What You Need:
- B.S. in Engineering
- 5+ years experience as instrumentation engineer & experimental flight test
- Experience with data acquisition hardware and telemetry operations and standards.
- Experience with instrumentation systems design and implementation on experimental aircraft.
- Assist maintenances on FTI systems and sensors
- Experiences on creating procedures and reports.
- Flight test configuration management process experience.
- Must be able to distinguish colors.
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs unassisted.
- Programming Language:
- Edit a large amount of data changes on XML files using any program language.
- Experience in using Siemens NX software and CAPITAL Logic (wiring diagrams).
- Ability to work with Matlab.
- Experiences on training people
- Programing Language:
- Python experiences
- C++ Programing
- VBA + Excel
Please note that this job description is intended to provide a general overview of the position and does not include an exhaustive list of responsibilities and qualifications
Archer is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to job applicants with physical or mental disabilities, and those with sincerely held religious beliefs. Applicants who may require reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process should provide their name and contact information to Archer’s People Team at [email protected]. Reasonable accommodations will be determined on a case-by-case basis.
Archer is proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusivity in the workplace. All aspects of employment are decided on the basis of merit, qualifications, and business needs. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.