Archer is an aerospace company building an all-electric vertical takeoff and landing aircraft focused on improving mobility in cities. The company's mission is to advance the benefits of sustainable air mobility. Archer is designing, manufacturing, and operating a fully electric aircraft that can carry four passengers for 60 miles at speeds of up to 150mph while producing minimal noise. Archer's team is based in the San Francisco Bay Area.
Archer is an aerospace company based in San Jose, California building an all-electric vertical takeoff and landing aircraft with a mission to advance the benefits of sustainable air mobility. We are designing, manufacturing, and operating an all-electric aircraft that can carry four passengers for 60 miles at speeds of up to 150 mph while producing minimal noise.
Our sights are set high and our problems are hard, and we believe that diversity in the workplace is what makes us smarter, drives better insights, and will ultimately lift us all to success. We are dedicated to cultivating an equitable and inclusive environment that embraces our differences, and supports and celebrates all of our team members.
What You’ll Do
- Develop detailed electrical system requirements based on design functional needs, then design complete electrical systems to meet your requirements.
- Complete detailed design layouts and/or supervise design layout.
- Use simulations, prototypes, engineering tests, detailed electrical measurements to ensure your designs work as expected.
- Design processor and communication architectures and select suitable microcontrollers for implementation
- Design power supply, communication, sensing, and measurement electronic circuits.
- Collaborate with other mechanical, systems, electrical, safety and manufacturing engineers to optimize your design for overall vehicle performance.
- Develop and execute engineering validation plans to verify your design meets all requirements.
What You Need
- Electrical Engineering Degree or equivalent experience.
- 8+ years of relevant electrical system and circuit board design experience.
- Strong ability to work cross functionally and drive decisions to closure
- Demonstrated ability to design a PCBA from a blank sheet to production.
- Understanding of analog and power circuits (MOSFETs, op-amps, switching regulators, gate drivers, etc.).
- Experience designing PCBAs to avoid electromagnetic interference, minimizing stray inductance and capacitance, separating power/signal planes.
- Experience designing PCBAs for high-speed communications
- Experience with component selection, including simulation, tolerance, variance, power dissipation etc.
- Skilled using electrical engineering tools like oscilloscopes, network analyzers, signal generators, power supplies, semiconductor testers, etc.
- Experience shipping high-volume electronics products.
- Experience designing for mission critical systems using fail-safe and redundant designs.
- Strong embedded programming ability.
- Experience designing electrical systems for aerospace or automotive requirements
- Hands on experience with aviation DO-160G testing and DO-254 development
- Passion for aviation and eVTOLs
At Archer we aim to attract, retain, and motivate talent that possess the skills and leadership necessary to grow our business. We drive a pay-for-performance culture and reward performance that supports the Company’s business strategy. For this position we are targeting a base pay between $108,000 - $135,000. Actual compensation offered will be determined by factors such as job-related knowledge, skills, and experience.
Archer is proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusivity in the workplace. All aspects of employment are decided on the basis of merit, qualifications, and business needs. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.