Archer is an aerospace company building an all-electric vertical takeoff and landing aircraft focused on improving mobility in cities. The company's mission is to advance the benefits of sustainable air mobility. Archer is designing, manufacturing, and operating a fully electric aircraft that can carry four passengers for 60 miles at speeds of up to 150mph while producing minimal noise. Archer's team is based in the San Francisco Bay Area.
Archer is an aerospace company based in San Jose, California building an all-electric vertical takeoff and landing aircraft with a mission to advance the benefits of sustainable air mobility. We are designing, manufacturing, and operating an all-electric aircraft that can carry four passengers for 60 miles at speeds of up to 150 mph while producing minimal noise.
Our sights are set high and our problems are hard, and we believe that diversity in the workplace is what makes us smarter, drives better insights, and will ultimately lift us all to success. We are dedicated to cultivating an equitable and inclusive environment that embraces our differences, and supports and celebrates all of our team members.
What you’ll do:
- Perform the systems and integration testing of prototype and certified batteries for the eVTOL aircraft
- Collaborate with teams across the company to develop test plans and execute on those plans for flight critical hardware
- Perform Battery Life Cycle, RPT, HPPC, and DCIR test on Modules and Battery Packs
- Perform EMI/EMC testing
- Perform Short Circuit testing
- Perform Overtempture testing
- Develop and test Mission Profiles on batteries
- Develop, design, and procure complete testing setups for DO-160 environmental tests and design verification tests
- Assist in developing the digital testing infrastructure for data storage and analysis
- Analyze test data and share with engineering teams
- Develop automated test equipment as needed
- Create reports for submission to the FAA.
What you need:
- BS in Aerospace Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or related field
- 5+ years of experience in a battery design or testing environment
- Proficient in DO-160G, DO-311A, UN 38.3 or applicable test standards for test planning, setup, and execution
- Experience testing Battery Pack Electrically
- Experience with high voltage systems: cars, aircraft, etc.
- Experience with reliability testing on high current power systems
- Experience with a wide variety of DAQ systems
- Experience with MATLAB and Python
- Demonstrated project execution experience
- Positive can-do attitude
- Ability to travel to test facilities
- Experience with Battery Manufacturing
- Hands-on experience wearing multiple hats in a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrated ability to work independently with minimal direction and supervision
- Experience with Battery Teardown
- Experience developing products from prototype to mass production
- Experience with AVL, Arbin, Neware, Chroma, and/or other Test Cycler Systems
- Experience with Environmental test equipment
- Experience creating reports for certification agencies
At Archer we aim to attract, retain, and motivate talent that possess the skills and leadership necessary to grow our business. We drive a pay-for-performance culture and reward performance that supports the Company’s business strategy. For this position we are targeting a base pay between $134,000 - $168,000. Actual compensation offered will be determined by factors such as job-related knowledge, skills, and experience.
Archer is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to job applicants with physical or mental disabilities, and those with sincerely held religious beliefs. Applicants who may require reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process should provide their name and contact information to Archer’s People Team at [email protected]. Reasonable accommodations will be determined on a case-by-case basis.
Archer is proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusivity in the workplace. All aspects of employment are decided on the basis of merit, qualifications, and business needs. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.