Fluence is the leading global energy storage technology and services company, created and backed by Siemens and AES, two industry powerhouses and pioneers in energy storage. Fluence unites the scale, experience, breadth, and financial backing of the two most experienced icons in energy storage.
Our mission is to create a more sustainable future by transforming the way we power our world. Energy storage is critical to this transformation, yet today the market is fragmented and customers face the challenge of finding a trusted technology partner amidst conflicting technical claims, inexperienced vendors and installers, and new market entrants with limited power sector knowledge.
Fluence brings the proven technology solutions and services that overcome the commercial and regulatory barriers that stand in the way of modernizing our energy networks. We are the partner that can deliver at a global scale with the most experienced and knowledgeable team in the world.
About Fluence: Fluence Energy, Inc. (Nasdaq: FLNC) is a global market leader in energy storage products and services, and optimization software for renewables and storage. With a presence in over 47 markets globally, Fluence provides an ecosystem of offerings to drive the clean energy transition, including modular, scalable energy storage products, comprehensive service offerings, and the Fluence IQ Platform, which delivers AI-enabled SaaS products for managing and optimizing renewables and storage from any provider. Fluence is transforming the way we power our world by helping customers create more resilient and sustainable electric grids.
OUR CULTURE AND VALUES
We are guided by our passion to transform the way we power our world. Achieving our goals requires creativity, diversity of ideas and backgrounds, and building trust to effect change and move with speed.
We are Leading
Fluence currently has thousands of MW of energy storage projects operated or awarded worldwide in addition to the thousands of MW of projects managed by our trading platform—and we are growing every day.
We are Responsible
Fluence is defined by its unwavering commitment to safety, quality, and integrity.
We are Agile
We achieve our goals and meet our customer’s needs by cultivating curiosity, adaptability, and self-reflection in our teams.
We are Fun
We value the diversity in thought and experience of our coworkers and customers. Through honest, forthcoming, and respectful communications we work to ensure that Fluence is an inclusive and welcoming environment for all.
Location: Hybrid in Arlington VA
Part of the Global Production Operations under Global Safety & Quality team, the Regional Supplier Quality Senior Engineers are the direct point of contact of internal and external stakeholders in each region and country. The position and the team functions as:
· The immediate point of contact for regional / local supplier quality issues.
· Support or drive the supplier qualification and succeeding assessment and evaluation with the procurement team.
· Driver of supplier quality improvement programs in collaboration with local procurement team.
· Focal point for Fluence supplied products warranty management.
Fluence is defined by its unwavering commitment to safety, quality, and integrity. We take personal ownership in what we do, developing trust in our relationships with internal and external stakeholders. We firmly believe in having honest, forthcoming, and fair communications. In this role you will:
· Responsible to drive programs to increase organization’s input in reporting supplier quality issues to enable improvement plans and strengthen quality culture within the organization.
· Acts as the escalation point and ensure the Regional Supplier Quality team maintains an active stance in being the main point of contact for the investigation and resolution of all product quality issues discovered and for interacting with the relevant local stakeholders on such issues.
· Monitor the product quality and compliance activities to ensure current regulatory expectations are met in collaboration with local/global procurement team and Supplier Quality Planning & Development team.
· Support the Supplier Quality Surveillance manager in carrying out surveillance inspections and the SQPD team in performing supplier process and surveillance audits.
· Proactively manage issues and escalates them to appropriate department heads for early resolution.
· Drives close out of supplier corrective action request (SCARs) for quality issues raised.
· Develops a system to effectively control the quality of incoming materials.
· Mentors the team to ensure that key performance indicators of the team and supplier deliverables are met and proactively implement recovery actions.
Here are some of the benefits of joining our digital transformation team:
· Competitive salary and benefits package
· Collaborative and supportive work environment
· Opportunities for professional development and growth
· Chance to make a real difference in the world
Fluence IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER and fully subscribes to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity to ensure that all applicants and employees are considered for hire, promotion, and job status without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital or familial status.
What ideal candidate will bring to Fluence:Bachelor's degree in engineering required. 5+ years relevant supplier Quality experience in a relevant industryKnowledge of other methods such as Root Cause Analysis, Supplier Management SystemKnowledge of ISO 9001standards (lead-auditor certification is ideal, internal audit)Global mindset with experience working in an international/multi-cultural matrix environment Strong verbal and written communication skills required Self starter, results oriented and process drivenStrong Problem-solving skills Energy Storage knowledge preferred but not required