Archer is an aerospace company building an all-electric vertical takeoff and landing aircraft focused on improving mobility in cities. The company's mission is to advance the benefits of sustainable air mobility. Archer is designing, manufacturing, and operating a fully electric aircraft that can carry four passengers for 60 miles at speeds of up to 150mph while producing minimal noise. Archer's team is based in the San Francisco Bay Area.
Archer is an aerospace company based in San Jose, California building an all-electric vertical takeoff and landing aircraft with a mission to advance the benefits of sustainable air mobility. We are designing, manufacturing, and operating an all-electric aircraft that can carry four passengers for 60 miles at speeds of up to 150 mph while producing minimal noise.
Our sights are set high and our problems are hard, and we believe that diversity in the workplace is what makes us smarter, drives better insights, and will ultimately lift us all to success. We are dedicated to cultivating an equitable and inclusive environment that embraces our differences, and supports and celebrates all of our team members.
What you’ll do:
- Build custom machinery including in-house designed dynos and other test equipment
- Build and troubleshoot automated machines, sub-assemblies, and electrical components from engineering drawings and specifications
- Collaborate with design engineers to highlight issues and suggest improvements
- Support engineering activities including prototype development, proof of concept builds, process and assembly validations
- Work with engineers and other technicians to maintain a clean, safe and useable lab and shop space
- Perform routine maintenance on various equipment
- Operate a Lathe and Mill to create components and fixtures
- Fabricate wire harnesses based on schematics
- Perform inspections and measurements of product dimensions using basic Quality Control measuring tools, calipers, micrometer, depth gauges, microscope etc.
- Order and procure tools and materials as required
- Help develop, draft, and update assembly documentation to guide others in assembly processes, train others as needed
What you need:
- Associate’s Degree, or equivalent extensive practical experience as an automotive or electronics engineering technician.
- Experience building equipment using technical drawings
- Experience in mechanics, pneumatics, hydraulics, and system controls
- Strong soldering, electronics fabrication and wire harness skills
- Well versed with troubleshooting of mechanical systems
- High quality workmanship standards
- Excellent documentation and written communication; proficient using Microsoft Office
- Basic knowledge of drafting standards (read and interpret construction and mechanical drawings) to produce parts and assemblies
- Preferred: Basic CAD design experience (i.e. NX, Catia, Solidworks)
- Preferred: Welding experience Mig/Tig
- Preferred: Metal Fabrication knowledge
- Preferred: CNC machining and programming experience
- Experience using and maintaining machine shop equipment
- Experience using measurement, inspection tools (caliper, micrometer, height gage,etc)
- Familiarity with 5S or similar workplace organization methods
- Ability to occasionally conduct physically demanding test activities and ability to lift 50 lbs
- Direct experience with aviation builds and assembly
- Passion for aviation and eVTOLs
At Archer we aim to attract, retain, and motivate talent that possess the skills and leadership necessary to grow our business. We drive a pay-for-performance culture and reward performance that supports the Company’s business strategy. For this position we are targeting a base pay between $40 - $52 an hour. Actual compensation offered will be determined by factors such as job-related knowledge, skills, and experience.
Archer is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to job applicants with physical or mental disabilities, and those with sincerely held religious beliefs. Applicants who may require reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process should provide their name and contact information to Archer’s People Team at [email protected]. Reasonable accommodations will be determined on a case-by-case basis.
Archer is proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusivity in the workplace. All aspects of employment are decided on the basis of merit, qualifications, and business needs. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.