Archer is an aerospace company building an all-electric vertical takeoff and landing aircraft focused on improving mobility in cities. The company's mission is to advance the benefits of sustainable air mobility. Archer is designing, manufacturing, and operating a fully electric aircraft that can carry four passengers for 60 miles at speeds of up to 150mph while producing minimal noise. Archer's team is based in the San Francisco Bay Area.
Archer is an aerospace company based in San Jose, California building an all-electric vertical takeoff and landing aircraft with a mission to advance the benefits of sustainable air mobility. We are designing, manufacturing, and operating an all-electric aircraft that can carry four passengers for 60 miles at speeds of up to 150 mph while producing minimal noise.
Our sights are set high and our problems are hard, and we believe that diversity in the workplace is what makes us smarter, drives better insights, and will ultimately lift us all to success. We are dedicated to cultivating an equitable and inclusive environment that embraces our differences, and supports and celebrates all of our team members.
What You’ll Do
- Contribute to the most exciting problems in the embedded firmware space for electric aircraft
- Design, integrate, verify and certify complex embedded system and work with a multi-disciplinary team
- Hands-on hardware bring-up, build and component validation for high quality, robust, scalable and functional C/C++ code
- Conduct development and verification for certifiable safety critical components of the aircraft propulsion control firmware
- Develop an automated Hardware-In-Loop (HIL) and Software-In-Loop (SIL) validation platform and infrastructure
- Improve the level of automation, efficiency, and accuracy of the propulsion control system validation
- Work with systems and software engineers to define high-level and low-level firmware/software requirements in compliance with DO-178C and support the certification of safety critical firmware to comply with DO-178C
What You Need
- 2+ years of experience in a related field
- At least a BS in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or related degree
- Proficiency with C/C++
- Hands-on firmware experience with propulsion systems, motor control, power electronics control, robotics, real time control systems or related fields
- Strong software fundamentals including architecture, algorithm development, code modularity, and maintainability, and automated unit testing
- Strong understanding of firmware needs for propulsion system (PWM for actuator control, ADC sensing, PLL, position sensing with encoder/resolver)
- Strong understanding of communication standards and protocols (CAN, AFDX, Ethernet, TCP/IP, SPI, I2C, etc…)
- Experience with version control (Git) and tools used for CI/CD and validation
- Ability to collaborate and communicate complex technical concepts
- Experience with DO-254
- Experience with MATLAB/Simulink
- Experience with tools qualification (DO-330)
- Experience with modeling tools/certification (DO-331)
- Familiarity with modeling tools like UML or SysML
- Experience developing with RTOS
- Experience with board bring up and driver development
Archer is proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusivity in the workplace. All aspects of employment are decided on the basis of merit, qualifications, and business needs. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.