Fluence is the leading global energy storage technology and services company, created and backed by Siemens and AES, two industry powerhouses and pioneers in energy storage. Fluence unites the scale, experience, breadth, and financial backing of the two most experienced icons in energy storage.
Our mission is to create a more sustainable future by transforming the way we power our world. Energy storage is critical to this transformation, yet today the market is fragmented and customers face the challenge of finding a trusted technology partner amidst conflicting technical claims, inexperienced vendors and installers, and new market entrants with limited power sector knowledge.
Fluence brings the proven technology solutions and services that overcome the commercial and regulatory barriers that stand in the way of modernizing our energy networks. We are the partner that can deliver at a global scale with the most experienced and knowledgeable team in the world.
About Fluence: Fluence Energy, Inc. (Nasdaq: FLNC) is a global market leader in energy storage products and services, and optimization software for renewables and storage. With a presence in over 47 markets globally, Fluence provides an ecosystem of offerings to drive the clean energy transition, including modular, scalable energy storage products, comprehensive service offerings, and the Fluence IQ Platform, which delivers AI-enabled SaaS products for managing and optimizing renewables and storage from any provider. Fluence is transforming the way we power our world by helping customers create more resilient and sustainable electric grids.
OUR CULTURE AND VALUES
We are guided by our passion to transform the way we power our world. Achieving our goals requires creativity, diversity of ideas and backgrounds, and building trust to effect change and move with speed.
We are Leading
Fluence currently has thousands of MW of energy storage projects operated or awarded worldwide in addition to the thousands of MW of projects managed by our trading platform—and we are growing every day.
We are Responsible
Fluence is defined by its unwavering commitment to safety, quality, and integrity.
We are Agile
We achieve our goals and meet our customer’s needs by cultivating curiosity, adaptability, and self-reflection in our teams.
We are Fun
We value the diversity in thought and experience of our coworkers and customers. Through honest, forthcoming, and respectful communications we work to ensure that Fluence is an inclusive and welcoming environment for all.
Fluence is defined by its unwavering commitment to safety, quality, and integrity. This key leadership role requires a seasoned professional with a deep understanding of EPC project delivery, particularly in the electrical energy storage sector. Having a delivery mindset, the ideal candidate will possess a strong blend of technical expertise, strategic thinking, and effective team leadership.
• Ensure the Project Organisation adheres to the high standards of Health and Safety management required by the Fluence organisation and our customers.
• Develop and implement effective project delivery strategies for complex EPC projects aligned with Fluence’s organisational goals and client expectations.
• Ensure upstream and downstream contractual requirements of the projects are fully managed to ensure Fluence’s exposure is minimised and controlled.
• Develop trust and manage the relationships with clients and suppliers to ensure that a shared understanding of key issues between all parties is maintained.
• Deliver on the time, quality and financial objectives for the project. Drive the project teams to continuously maintain an accurate Estimated Actual Cost at completion.
• Participate in, and in some cases lead, business improvement projects.
Experience & Qualifications
• Years of proven experience in successfully managing EPC mega projects in the electrical energy sector.
• Demonstrated leadership skills with the ability to inspire and lead multiple cross-functional teams.
• Exemplary communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to engage effectively with clients, stakeholders, and team members.
• Strong understanding of electrical energy technologies, industry standards, and regulatory requirements.
• Proven commercial/contractual acumen.
• Demonstrable ability working in a high-performance team within a virtual, matrixed, global organisation.
• Degree in Engineering or other relevant closely discipline is required.
• Tertiary qualifications in Project Management are preferred.
Fluent in English.
The role will include local travel within the country including regional travel to project sites or supplier factories.
Fluence IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER and fully subscribes to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity to ensure that all applicants and employees are considered for hire, promotion, and job status without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital or familial status.