Archer is an aerospace company building an all-electric vertical takeoff and landing aircraft focused on improving mobility in cities. The company's mission is to advance the benefits of sustainable air mobility. Archer is designing, manufacturing, and operating a fully electric aircraft that can carry four passengers for 60 miles at speeds of up to 150mph while producing minimal noise. Archer's team is based in the San Francisco Bay Area.
Archer is an aerospace company based in San Jose, California building an all-electric vertical takeoff and landing aircraft with a mission to advance the benefits of sustainable air mobility. We are designing, manufacturing, and operating an all-electric aircraft that can carry four passengers for 60 miles at speeds of up to 150 mph while producing minimal noise.
Our sights are set high and our problems are hard, and we believe that diversity in the workplace is what makes us smarter, drives better insights, and will ultimately lift us all to success. We are dedicated to cultivating an equitable and inclusive environment that embraces our differences, and supports and celebrates all of our team members.
What You’ll Do:
Perform product and component management to ensure technical viability and cost effectiveness from the point where it is evaluated through implementation and support.
- Collaborate with engineers in the development and implementation of electromechanical systems.
- Assist in developing training materials to support certification and production build activities.
- Collaborate with Manufacturing and Industrial Engineering to define the manufacturing build process.
- Provide technical leadership and help mentor staff to diagnose and solve problems and build capabilities.
- Assist on and off aircraft build up and modifications to electrical components including wire harness fabrication, connector terminations, component removal, routing, installation, and repairs.
- Provide support for troubleshooting of various systems.
- Utilizes various forms of engineering and technical information such as modification drawings, wiring & schematic diagrams, engineering dispositions, part lists / kits, and ground support / test equipment.
- Develop and support continuous improvement efforts within the department.
What You Need:
- 10+ years of related experience in Aerospace.
- Ability to provide off-hours and on-call support.
- Understanding of AS9100 requirements.
- Must have extensive experience using shop tools and calibrated aerospace tooling.
- Understanding aircraft safety, tool control, FOD, and industry standards.
- Experience working in a product development environment.
- Effective organizational and time management skills.
- Strong computer skills with an emphasis on Google suite.
- Ability to work in a fast paced and highly regulated environment with adaptability to changing priorities.
- Self-motivated with the ability to work independently or as part of a team.
- Great written and verbal communication skills and a high attention to detail are required.
- Must be able to pass a vision acuity exam.
- Must be able to lift 25 lbs. unassisted.
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, Software, Systems Engineering - or similar discipline
- Preferred bachelor’s degree in related field of Aerospace Manufacturing.
- Experience with Type Certification or Supplemental Type Certification
- Knowledge of IPC 610/620 & AC43.13-B
- A&P certification.
- Experience working with an MES and building work instructions.
- Experience with electric aircraft.
- Experience with high voltage wiring, batteries, and electric motor controllers.
- Aircraft configuration management and conformity experience.
Please note that this job description is intended to provide a general overview of the position and does not include an exhaustive list of responsibilities and qualifications
At Archer we aim to attract, retain, and motivate talent that possess the skills and leadership necessary to grow our business. We drive a pay-for-performance culture and reward performance that supports the Company’s business strategy. For this position we are targeting a base pay between $99,840 - $124,800. Actual compensation offered will be determined by factors such as job-related knowledge, skills, and experience.
Archer is committed to provide a safe workplace and a safe aircraft. This is a safety sensitive designated role. Employment in safety sensitive positions is contingent on successful passage of a background check and is subject to pre-employment and random drug screening.
Archer is proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusivity in the workplace. All aspects of employment are decided on the basis of merit, qualifications, and business needs. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.