Ecovative uses biology to solve fundamental human needs at industrial scales and in consumer applications. Ecovative uses mycelium to grow category defining products ranging from leather like textiles to sustainable packaging to high performance foams for apparel and beauty. Ecovative has been widely recognized for its technical and environmental contributions by organizations like the World Economic Forum and in the media including Wired Magazine, Forbes, and Time.
Bring your skills and passion to the Ecovative Design team! At Ecovative we build biological systems, explore uncharted science, and celebrate manufacturing rooted in Nature. The company seeks team members who are bold, curious and imaginative. The brand's greatest strength is the team's diversity. Each person brings unique backgrounds and talents that are fostered in a collaborative, challenging and creative culture.
The Production Operations Supervisor for the Pre-Treatment Plant (PTP) is responsible for overseeing the efficient and effective operations of the plant. Reporting to the Director of Operations, this role requires strong personnel management skills and an in-depth understanding of pre-treatment processes. Success in this role is defined by the ability to lead, motivate, and manage a high-performing team, making strategic personnel decisions that ensure the team's capability and productivity.
The Production Operations Supervisor is responsible for ensuring that your team is well-trained, motivated, and aligned with the plant's goals is essential. Additionally, your ability to provide timely and constructive feedback to team members, fostering their growth and development, will be a critical success factor. Regular one-on-one meetings with team members to discuss performance, address issues, and identify development opportunities are also key indicators of success.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead, motivate, and manage a team of production operators, ensuring they are well-trained, well-supported, and aligned with the plant's goals
- Make hiring and firing decisions, in consultation with the Director of Operations, to maintain a capable and productive team
- Engage in utilization forecasting to ensure adequate resources are available to achieve PTP volume ramp
- Provide timely and constructive feedback to team members, supporting their growth and development
- Regularly meet with team members to discuss performance, issues, and development opportunities
- Work with the Director of Operations to make pay advancement and promotion recommendations based on team members' performance and contributions
- Maintain a current understanding of the tasks and processes carried out by the PTP team, enabling effective direction and coaching
- Collaborate with the Production Shift Lead to ensure smooth and continuous plant operations
- Engage in quality assurance efforts such as CAPA, PFMEA and document control programs in conjunction with the Quality team
- Ensure adherence to safety protocols and regulations, maintaining a safe and organized work environment
- Assist the team in operational activities when required, showing a hands-on approach to problem-solving
- Play a pivotal role in scheduling team members to meet production demands and operational needs
- Delegate key ancillary tasks such as quality control, inventory tracking, document creation and revision within the production operations team
Qualifications and Skills:
- Great leader, passionate, motivating, empathetic, inspiring, and engaged in the development of a team in total support of achieving production goals
- Proficient with computer applications such as Microsoft, Google Suite, Slack, and other business tools
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor's degree business or management, with preference in biological or process engineering studies with a minimum of three (3) years in a manufacturing leadership role and at least one (1) year supervising production operators. In lieu of a Bachelor’s degree, a minimum of six (6) years in a manufacturing process and people leadership role will be considered.
Pay range for this role based on the candidates' skills and experience. The role starts at $55,000 - $70,000.
What You’ll Love About Us:
Fantastic Team Culture. Innovative team with diverse interests (from artists to off-grid living).
Excellent Benefits. Health, dental, vision, retirement, EAP, PTO, tuition reimbursement
Time to Connect. Earth Day community work, retreats, holiday events, pie day, costume competitions, pumpkin carving, outings, food, etc.
Ecovative is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
70 Cohoes Ave. Suite 103
Green Island, NY 12183