Archer is an aerospace company building an all-electric vertical takeoff and landing aircraft focused on improving mobility in cities. The company's mission is to advance the benefits of sustainable air mobility. Archer is designing, manufacturing, and operating a fully electric aircraft that can carry four passengers for 60 miles at speeds of up to 150mph while producing minimal noise. Archer's team is based in the San Francisco Bay Area.
Archer is an aerospace company based in San Jose, California building an all-electric vertical takeoff and landing aircraft with a mission to advance the benefits of sustainable air mobility. We are designing, manufacturing, and operating an all-electric aircraft that can carry four passengers for 60 miles at speeds of up to 150 mph while producing minimal noise.
Our sights are set high and our problems are hard, and we believe that diversity in the workplace is what makes us smarter, drives better insights, and will ultimately lift us all to success. We are dedicated to cultivating an equitable and inclusive environment that embraces our differences, and supports and celebrates all of our team members.
What you’ll do:
- Define and develop standard structural analysis procedures for Archer designed components and assemblies
- Recommend instrumentation locations for physical tests
- Correlate physical test data to analytical models
- Establish a roadmap for aircraft-wide analysis capabilities and software packages
- Train, mentor, and develop junior engineers to run structural analysis
- Develop reporting templates to be used internally and for certification submissions
- Provide consolidated reports with design recommendations to improve stiffness, durability, or lower mass
- Evaluate manufacturing process impacts on designs
- Provide summary analysis presentations for major design review milestones with pass/fail criteria and physical test validation plans
- Own definition of model maturities and capability levels for using analysis to make design decisions
- Support certification activities
What you need:
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, Master’s preferred
- Minimum 10+ years structural analysis experience
- CAD proficiency utilizing Siemens NX or similar software
- Extensive experience and understanding of current state of the art structural analysis tools with the ability to recommend specific packages for Archer’s needs
- Experience with a wide range of materials including steel, copper, aluminum, thermoplastic composites, potting compounds, epoxies, structural adhesives, & PCBA’s
This position reports directly to the Battery Pack Sr. Engineering Manager
This position may require exposure to information which is subject to US export control regulations, i.e. the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) or the Export Administration Regulations (EAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of U.S. regulations.
At Archer we aim to attract, retain, and motivate talent that possess the skills and leadership necessary to grow our business. We drive a pay-for-performance culture and reward performance that supports the Company’s business strategy. For this position we are targeting a base pay between $238,080 - $297,600. Actual compensation offered will be determined by factors such as job-related knowledge, skills, and experience.
Archer is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to job applicants with physical or mental disabilities, and those with sincerely held religious beliefs. Applicants who may require reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process should provide their name and contact information to Archer’s People Team at [email protected]. Reasonable accommodations will be determined on a case-by-case basis.
Archer is proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusivity in the workplace. All aspects of employment are decided on the basis of merit, qualifications, and business needs. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.