Doing something different is never easy. It requires courage, optimism and grit. Core to our mission is building a team of adventurous individuals determined to make a positive impact on the world. This means challenging ourselves constantly. Stretching beyond the bounds of conventional thinking. Reframing old problems. Seeking new solutions. And operating comfortably in a space of uncertainty. While our backgrounds are diverse, our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations. Do you like doing the impossible? We’d love to hear from you.
Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
As a People Partner, it is our role to uphold Rivian’s purpose and values while supporting initiatives for business units, leaders, and employees through a variety of Human Resources strategies, processes, and programs. This role will support our Engineering, Product, and R&D functions.
- Proactive partnership and coaching with business leaders on employee performance and engagement strategies.
- Collect and analyze data themes and effectively create and communicate strategies and solutions to the business.
- Acts as a strategic business partner to functional leaders on management, recruiting coaching, career development, disciplinary actions and employee relations.
- Assist in developing and executing personnel procedures and policies, providing guidance and interpretation for business operations and employees.
- Suggest and implement new procedures and policies to continually improve efficiency and effectiveness of the Human Resources. department and organization, and to improve employee experience.
- Prepares and facilitates employee separations.
- Develop, plan and execute employee engagement activities such as trainings and focus groups.
- Attends and participates in employee disciplinary meetings, off-boarding and investigations.
- Oversee the maintenance of human resources records including new hires, transfers, terminations, job changes, salary adjustments, etc.
- Responds to employee inquiries regarding recruiting, benefits, payroll, compensation, and all other HR disciplines.
- Partners with Human Resources subject matter experts to effectively answer and resolve all complex inquiries and develop more effective programs and processes.
- In partnership with benefits, oversee the administration of leaves of absence, FMLA/STD/LTD, ADA, Workers Compensation to include documentation, reporting to third party, and communication to employee/manager.
- Support other Human Resources functions as needed.
- Other special project work as needed.
- 5+ years of Human Resources generalist experience. Exposure to Engineering, Product Development, and/or R&D client groups a plus.
- Familiar with working in a fast-paced environment, with the ability to quickly communicate and prioritize competing needs of the business.
- Exceptional project management skills and the ability to translate complex issues into straightforward communications.
- Proficient knowledge of Human Resources, policy interpretations and legal requirements.
- Ability to compile information and analyze data to drive decision making.
- Possess a high level of problem-solving skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively and exercise judgment in disclosing or withholding confidential information.
- Strong facilitation skills.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Four (4) year college or university degree or equivalent in Human Resources, Business Management or related field required. Master’s degree preferred.
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at [email protected].
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.
Please note that we are currently not accepting applications from third party application services.