Hi. We're Impossible Foods, and we make meat, dairy and fish from plants. Our mission is to make the global food system truly sustainable by eliminating the need to make food from animals. Why? Animal agriculture uses a tremendous amount of the world's natural resources. In 2016, we launched our first product, the Impossible™ Burger. It's delicious, nutritious, and made using but a small fraction of the land, water and energy required to make meat from a cow.
Strong understanding of general installations and maintenance/repairs within a commercial and manufacturing environment. This includes: roof inspections, HVAC and/or refrigeration troubleshooting and various industrial or lab equipment maintenance and installation. The patching of walls, installation of doors and windows, paint selection and preparation, plumbing installation, and the regulation of air quality, temperature and humidity in the building interiors may also be required. Implements company and department policies, procedures and develops new SOPs, as needed.
- Exude outstanding professional customer service to interact with all employees of the company. Able to work together with fellow technicians and keep up on tasks based on priority. Interact with IF personnel, junior staff, closely with facilities management, fellow technicians, and all vendors. Guide junior technicians on initial troubleshooting before escalating up to facilities management.
- Be a creative problem solver! Use an internal ticketing system to accomplish maintenance tasks and projects. Find a solution to get the job done in a timely manner.
- Be a main point of contact for various pilot plant and lab equipment installations and troubleshooting which may include mechanical, plumbing, and electrical aspects.
- Communicate to all levels of the organization via multiple platforms. Produce excellent written documentation SOPs, checklists, etc. Maintains outstanding relationships with multiple vendors. Evaluate and audit service quality provided by external vendors.
- Possess high level knowledge of the physical building and plans to provide direction to all junior staff, including providing improvement ideas to the facilities site lead or manager for approval.
- Have goals set for him/herself as well as junior staff. Frequently check in on them throughout the year to make sure they're aligned. Held responsible for how junior staff performs. Great at on the spot decision making under difficult conditions or timelines.
- When something is assigned to him/her, they are excellent at coming up with a plan and implementing it quickly and effectively. Understanding how equipment works and being able to assess and make changes to a procedure or process to minimize the additional work.
- Manage workload that is assigned to him/her and be able to delegate. Has plans for junior staff to follow. Needs to make sure all junior staff and him/herself are getting tasks accomplished, as the Master Technician is ultimately the one responsible.
- Minimum of 5 years of working as a Maintenance Mechanic and/or Facilities Technician/Engineer.
- Bachelor’s degree or technical studies equivalent preferred.
- Trade skills experience or certification with plumbing, electrical, carpentry, and/or heating and cooling.
- Be familiar with Google G Suite.
- Capability to navigate in a fast-paced environment with changing priorities.
- Self-motivated individual with good interpersonal skills and strong organizational skills.
- Self-starter with a positive can-do demeanor.
- Ability to continuously establish and maintain excellent record keeping, inventory, and accountability.
- The capability to work with a diverse and dynamic team effectively.
- Essential proficiency with tools, can lift 50 pounds, be on your feet all day, work on ladders, and operate scissor/fork lifts.
At Impossible Foods, safety is our priority. Our obligation to our employees (and their families and communities) includes providing a fully vaccinated workplace. It is widely recognized that vaccination is by far the safest and most effective tool for protecting ourselves and our community against the spread of Covid-19. For the sake of our employees, their families, and communities, Impossible Foods will require vaccination by February 1, 2022 for all US-based employees who are on-site at one of IF’s facilities or co-manufacturing facilities; are in a position that requires them to be in person with co-workers, customers, clients, or contractors; or are traveling on behalf of the Company, including attending any in-person Company-sponsored event.
Impossible Foods Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
Depending on your location, the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) may regulate the way we manage the data of job applicants. Our full notice outlining how data will be processed as part of the application procedure for applicable locations is available here: https://impossiblefoods.com/careers/notice
. By submitting your application, you are agreeing to our use and processing of your data as required.
If the ability to work remotely is indicated, this role can be performed from any US state except for Alaska, New Mexico, Oklahoma, Hawaii, and Wisconsin.
This role is not eligible for Visa Sponsorship.