Shelf Engine uses machine learning to help grocery stores dial in their orders to minimize waste and maximize profits.
We're hiring across all functions! We're looking for stellar engineers, operators, and marketers. Are you interested in joining a tight-knit team that's committed to reducing food waste? Get in touch!
At Shelf Engine, our mission is to reduce food waste through automation. We harness the power of AI to provide real-time, intelligent forecasting and fully automated ordering to food retailers across the United States. We’re able to drastically reduce the amount of food waste generated while simultaneously maximizing sales and expanding margins for grocers—a triple win for suppliers and retailers, consumers, and the environment.
Shelf Engine is searching for a Market Specialist to join our growing Field Team. In this role, you will provide your expertise to assist your region’s Market Lead and Regional Managers, while serving as an essential resource to our Inventory Specialists.
This role is based in Minneapolis, MN.
As a Market Specialist at Shelf Engine, you will:
- Conduct inventory checks and collection to provide up-to-date data to our forecasting system
- Collaborate with in-store Team Leaders, Department Managers, and Associates to ensure customer satisfaction
- Build strong, customer-centered relationships with store teams to gain insights into Shelf Engine’s performance and collect information on expectations and store feedback
- Complete end of week reporting on inventory trends and customer feedback
- Solicit feedback on customer satisfaction and partner with leaders to address concerns
- Execute in-store special missions for both new and existing customers
- Become a subject matter expert on inventory and merchandising processes
- Use in-field knowledge to gather any issues and escalate to the correct department
- Collaborate efficiently and effectively to support launches and expansions in your region
- Travel within your market
- Travel within markets to support launch needs, special missions, and training with a certain level of autonomy to meet team's needs
- Facilitate training of new and existing team members
- Analyze inventory and audit quality of work
What we are looking for in a candidate:
- You embrace our company principles: make the first move, make better decisions, be furiously curious, commit and deliver, have empathy, invent solutions, be authentic
- Experience in the Grocery or Food Service industry is helpful but not required
- Available to work 40 hours per week with flexibility
- Quick learner and creative problem solver who thrives working in a team
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Reliable transportation and a valid driver’s license
- Smartphone - Android or iPhone
- Ability to work in a walk-in cooler
- Ability to lift up to 40 lbs
- Authorization to work in the US for any employee
What Shelf Engine offers you:
- A unique opportunity to join a fast-growing sustainability startup early on, making a meaningful impact on the team as well as the environment
- An inclusive work environment that emphasizes each team member’s personal and professional growth
- Competitive salary at $20/hour
- PTO that is unlimited and self-managed for full-time employees
- 100% employer-paid premiums for medical, dental, and vision insurance for employees, and 50% covered for eligible dependents
- Coverage for life insurance, short- and long-term disability, and access to a robust Employee Assistance Program
- Optional employee contribution of pre-tax dollars to medical and dependent care FSA accounts
- 401k plan through Guideline to contribute to your financial future
- Mileage reimbursement, based on the current IRS standard of $0.585/mile
At Shelf Engine, you will join a team of driven, passionate, and caring people hungry to make change in an untapped industry. We’re not only solving complex technical problems at scale but also tackling key initiatives with significant environmental impacts. Our team is determined to disrupt a massive industry and leave behind a positive legacy for generations to come.
Shelf Engine is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.