Archer is an aerospace company building an all-electric vertical takeoff and landing aircraft focused on improving mobility in cities. The company's mission is to advance the benefits of sustainable air mobility. Archer is designing, manufacturing, and operating a fully electric aircraft that can carry four passengers for 60 miles at speeds of up to 150mph while producing minimal noise. Archer's team is based in the San Francisco Bay Area.
Archer is an aerospace company based in San Jose, California building an all-electric vertical takeoff and landing aircraft with a mission to advance the benefits of sustainable air mobility. We are designing, manufacturing, and operating an all-electric aircraft that can carry four passengers for 60 miles at speeds of up to 150 mph while producing minimal noise.
Our sights are set high and our problems are hard, and we believe that diversity in the workplace is what makes us smarter, drives better insights, and will ultimately lift us all to success. We are dedicated to cultivating an equitable and inclusive environment that embraces our differences, and supports and celebrates all of our team members.
What you’ll do:
- Lead the development of flight training for Archer Air
- Stand-up and manage Archer Air’s pilot training academy
- Build an industry leading flight training training team that will support Archer Air operations and Archer direct customers
- Develop and deploy flight training utilizing a combination of the latest technologies and tried-and-true methods to ensure Archer pilot training efficient and safe
- Work closely with training device manufacturers toward deployment, certification, and ready-for-training dates alignment with Archer Air’s strategic timelines
What you need:
- 10+ years of professional pilot training management experience
- Expert knowledge of all applicable regulations and guidance of pilot flight training
- Extensive experience working directly with regulatory authorities toward the development and management of flight training and evaluation
- Ability to successfully manage multiple large projects and team members over a distributed training network
- Excellent communications skills with the ability to collaborate with multiple Archer Aviation and Archer Air training stakeholders
- Be an optimistic, innovative, and results-driven problem solver
- Must be able to travel 50-75% of the time
- BA/AA in business administration or related field
- FAA airplane or rotorcraft category pilot certification
- Part 135 or 121 start-up experience
At Archer we aim to attract, retain, and motivate talent that possess the skills and leadership necessary to grow our business. We drive a pay-for-performance culture and reward performance that supports the Company’s business strategy. For this position we are targeting a base pay between $112,000 - $140,000. Actual compensation offered will be determined by factors such as job-related knowledge, skills, and experience.
Archer is proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusivity in the workplace. All aspects of employment are decided on the basis of merit, qualifications, and business needs. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.