Archer is an aerospace company building an all-electric vertical takeoff and landing aircraft focused on improving mobility in cities. The company's mission is to advance the benefits of sustainable air mobility. Archer is designing, manufacturing, and operating a fully electric aircraft that can carry four passengers for 60 miles at speeds of up to 150mph while producing minimal noise. Archer's team is based in the San Francisco Bay Area.
Archer is an aerospace company based in San Jose, California building an all-electric vertical takeoff and landing aircraft with a mission to advance the benefits of sustainable air mobility. We are designing, manufacturing, and operating an all-electric aircraft that can carry four passengers for 60 miles at speeds of up to 150 mph while producing minimal noise.
Our sights are set high and our problems are hard, and we believe that diversity in the workplace is what makes us smarter, drives better insights, and will ultimately lift us all to success. We are dedicated to cultivating an equitable and inclusive environment that embraces our differences, and supports and celebrates all of our team members.
What you’ll do:
- Lead the development of a best-in-class aircraft maintenance training program for ArcherAir
- Manage a team that provides maintenance training and support to ArcherAir and Archer direct customers over a distributed and diverse network
- Stand up the training department to support initial and ongoing technical training
- Create and employ advanced and traditional training systems such as mixed reality, virtual reality, simulators, classroom, mock up and on-aircraft training
- Identify, deploy and manage a learning management system that delivers the training content and controls the compliances for all technical teammates
What you need:
- Knowledge of web based learning platforms and modern training delivery methods
- 10+ years of experience leading a technical project or team
- Ability to build and manage a team to develop and deliver courses with collaboration from the OEM
- Experience working collaboratively and successfully with FAA
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to deliver technical information to a diverse audience
- Must be able to read, comprehend and transfer knowledge of applicable FAA regulations, maintenance procedures, manuals and related documents, wire diagrams, blue prints, Engineering Orders, task cards, logbook handling and all requirements related to the safety and airworthiness of the aircraft.
- Knowledge of FAA regulations as they apply to aircraft maintenance safety, airworthiness, and compliance.
- Must be aware of hazardous situations and be able to handle emergencies as needed
- Must be able to perform well in a fast paced environment working under specific deadlines and time constraints.
- Ability to travel up to 25% of the time
- Be a creative problem solver - what Archer is doing has never been done before
- Must possess a valid U.S. Driver's License
- Valid FAA A&P Certificate
- Must be able to perform all job functions within cramped or confined spaces and in potentially hazardous areas
- Must be able to lift and move items of up to 50 pounds on a regular basis
- BS degree in aviation management or related field
- Both fixed wing and rotary wing part 135 and or 121 experience
Please note that this job description is intended to provide a general overview of the position and does not include an exhaustive list of responsibilities and qualifications
At Archer Air we aim to attract, retain, and motivate talent that possess the skills and leadership necessary to grow our business. We drive a pay-for-performance culture and reward performance that supports the Company’s business strategy. For this position we are targeting a base pay between $133,440-$166,800. Actual compensation offered will be determined by factors such as job-related knowledge, skills, and experience.
Archer is proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusivity in the workplace. All aspects of employment are decided on the basis of merit, qualifications, and business needs. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.