Fluence is the leading global energy storage technology and services company, created and backed by Siemens and AES, two industry powerhouses and pioneers in energy storage. Fluence unites the scale, experience, breadth, and financial backing of the two most experienced icons in energy storage.
Our mission is to create a more sustainable future by transforming the way we power our world. Energy storage is critical to this transformation, yet today the market is fragmented and customers face the challenge of finding a trusted technology partner amidst conflicting technical claims, inexperienced vendors and installers, and new market entrants with limited power sector knowledge.
Fluence brings the proven technology solutions and services that overcome the commercial and regulatory barriers that stand in the way of modernizing our energy networks. We are the partner that can deliver at a global scale with the most experienced and knowledgeable team in the world.
About Fluence: Fluence Energy, Inc. (Nasdaq: FLNC) is a global market leader in energy storage products and services, and optimization software for renewables and storage. With a presence in over 47 markets globally, Fluence provides an ecosystem of offerings to drive the clean energy transition, including modular, scalable energy storage products, comprehensive service offerings, and the Fluence IQ Platform, which delivers AI-enabled SaaS products for managing and optimizing renewables and storage from any provider. Fluence is transforming the way we power our world by helping customers create more resilient and sustainable electric grids.
OUR CULTURE AND VALUES
We are guided by our passion to transform the way we power our world. Achieving our goals requires creativity, diversity of ideas and backgrounds, and building trust to effect change and move with speed.
We are Leading
Fluence currently has thousands of MW of energy storage projects operated or awarded worldwide in addition to the thousands of MW of projects managed by our trading platform—and we are growing every day.
We are Responsible
Fluence is defined by its unwavering commitment to safety, quality, and integrity.
We are Agile
We achieve our goals and meet our customer’s needs by cultivating curiosity, adaptability, and self-reflection in our teams.
We are Fun
We value the diversity in thought and experience of our coworkers and customers. Through honest, forthcoming, and respectful communications we work to ensure that Fluence is an inclusive and welcoming environment for all.
ABOUT THE POSITION:
The Legal Counsel (Australia) will have a front-line role in working on and delivering Fluence’s EPC, services and supply contracts with customers and suppliers. This position offers an opportunity to make a significant contribution to the commercial arrangements of a global organization and an opportunity to work at the forefront of Australia and Asia’s renewable energy transition.
· You will work on energy storage opportunities across Australia and Asia
· You will lead the drafting and negotiation of construction agreements, services arrangements, subcontracts, equipment sale agreements, procurement agreements and other commercial arrangements
· You will be the bridge between the commercial and technical personnel and the focal point for consolidating the team’s analysis into contract
· You have experience managing complex contracts in delivery
· You will provide support for full project life cycle including preparing commercial offers and RFP responses
· You will help to create, manage and update the company’s contract templates along with the global Fluence legal team
· You will assist in the handover of projects from the contracting team to the implementation team
· The job is based in Sydney or Melbourne, Australia. Some amount of routine business travel should be expected.
What will our ideal candidate bring to Fluence?
· Have preferably 4+ years experience as a legal counsel whether in private practice or in an in-house role
· Bring experience in construction or utility-scale projects. If your experience comes from the renewable energy, energy storage or infrastructure construction sector , you just might be the right fit.
· You will have a strong commercial mindest. That is, a clear ability place commercial risk in legal context.
· A willingness to develop your negotiation skills so you can lead and close some of Fluence’s biggest transactions globally.
· The ability to manage different priorities while always staying focused on the bigger goal.
· Have excellent judgment, both in business and interpersonal matters.
· Have impeccable ethics and a commitment to compliance and safety.
· Strong interpersonal skills, flexibility and a highly self-motivated work style.
Fluence IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER and fully subscribes to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity to ensure that all applicants and employees are considered for hire, promotion, and job status without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital or familial status.