Plants are the most efficient way to drawdown CO2.
We convert CO2 via plants into stable carbon and lock it away for 1000 years.
Producing carbon credits, heat and biochar.
We use a patented technology to convert this carbon from waste plant biomass and in the process release heat (renewable energy) and high-quality biochar (used for agricultural purposes and industrial uses).
We are seeking a hands-on and experienced International Head of Finance. As Head of Finance, you will be responsible for overseeing the financial strategy, planning and operations of our international businesses. This role involves ensuring compliance with international financial regulations (IFRS), managing financial operations and risks, and providing insights to support business growth.
Carbo Culture is a company specializing in carbon removal technology, focussed on addressing climate change through helping businesses with the permanent removal of CO2 from their operations. Headquartered in Finland and with operations in the UK and the US, we work on a global scale. Our innovative and collaborative team brings together leading-edge science and engineering expertise from around the world. Our goal is to contribute effectively to a sustainable future.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Strategic Planning: Collaborate with senior management to develop and execute strategic financial plans that align with the company's objectives.
- Financial Management and Reporting: Prepare accurate and timely financial reports and management accounts for international entities – ensuring compliance with local and international financial regulations and standards.
- Budgeting and Forecasting: Lead the budgeting and forecasting processes for international operations, analyzing financial trends and advising on cost optimization strategies.
- Risk Management: Identify and manage financial risks associated with foreign exchange, taxation, and international trade.
- Accounting, Treasury and Payroll Management: Manage the accounting, bank account, payments and payroll processes and systems.
- Internal Controls and Compliance: Implement and maintain robust internal controls to ensure the integrity of financial information and compliance with statutory requirements.
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting, or related field. ACA / HTM / CPA, ACCA and CIMA is highly desirable.
- Minimum of 5-7 years of experience in a senior financial role, with specific experience in international finance.
- Strong understanding of IFRS, and other international accounting standards.
- Proficiency in financial software and advanced Excel skills.
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving, and decision-making skills.
- Strong leadership and communication skills, with the ability to work effectively across different cultures.
What We Offer:
A key role in development and growth of a pioneering cleantech company with global impact.
The opportunity to work in a multinational environment, influencing innovative strategies for sustainable development.