Plenty is a new kind of farm for a new kind of world. We’re on a mission to bring healthy food to the world while protecting the environment. Our pesticide-free, non-GMO leafy greens taste fresh-picked from the garden because they were. We grow and deliver locally, cutting transportation miles and reducing emissions. Plenty’s indoor farms mean fresh produce is always in season.
We are a team of growers, plant scientists, engineers, artists, foodies and plant romantics working to improve the lives of plants, people, and the planet. We currently operate in South San Francisco, CA, and Laramie, WY. Our new Compton, CA site set to open in 2021 will be the world’s first, high-capacity indoor vertical farm.
Plenty believes food justice is social justice. Equal access to healthy, nutritious food is fundamental to a quality life. We build farms in communities that need better access to food and jobs. Plenty provides living-wage, year-round jobs along with flavorful, nutrient-rich food to the communities we serve. We use automation and robotics so machines do the backbreaking labor while people perform new kinds of skilled agricultural, science and high-tech jobs.
Now is the time to help Plenty achieve its mission to feed the world healthy food in a sustainable way. We are a start-up with expanding career growth opportunities.
We are actively seeking those who embody our core values: find a way, down to earth, & grow together. These values guide how we work together as teammates, approach innovation and engage with customers. Does this sound like you? Join the mission as we improve human and planetary health by increasing access to craveable fruits and vegetables.
Plenty is on a mission to make fresh, pesticide-free fruits and vegetables more accessible to everyone. Our cutting-edge indoor vertical farms produce extraordinary yields using a fraction of the land and water outdoor farms need. Nutrient-rich, mouth-watering and locally grown, our crops help people, communities, and our planet to be healthier and more resilient. The people and teams who make up Plenty are at the core of how we do this. We are a collaborative and innovative bunch. We are passionate about our contributions to Plenty, the communities around us, and our planet, but never take ourselves too seriously. We’re down to Earth, we grow together, and we always find a way. Most importantly, we’re here to improve the lives of plants, people and our planet.
About the role
Plenty is looking for an ambitious and driven individual searching for a unique and challenging opportunity to join our Supply Chain team. As a Global Supply Manager on the direct materials team, you will be responsible for assuring supply and maintaining inventory of raw materials and spare parts for all operations nationwide. You’ll work closely with our Operations and Global Supply Management teams to analyze and optimize purchasing based on production forecasts and usage rates. This role is an opportunity for you to join an industry-leading startup and showcase your analytical and continuous improvement skills on a team that is redefining agriculture.
A successful candidate should be walking in as a top performer with a broad range of experience. We are looking for someone who can work quickly, deliver immediate results, and find ways to raise the bar every day. A successful candidate is technically strong, relentless, innovative, locates and removes inefficiencies, and can communicate complex topics simply.
What you’ll do
- Supply Chain Management: identify, develop, and manage Plenty’s growing Supply Chain network.
- Help establish our global supply chain strategy, identifying growth vendors that can best meet Plenty’s requirements of cost, quality, and technology, and identify vendors that should be phased-out.
- Manage inventory of direct materials and spare parts for Plenty's nationwide vertical farming operations
- Ensure materials availability to support production through purchasing, on-time delivery, and coordination of materials movement through receiving to production.
- Process vendor purchase orders and schedule manufacturing jobs based on production forecasting in a fast-paced operational environment
- Monitor supplier On Time Delivery performance and work with Global Supply Managers to mitigate inventory risk
- Analyze and update the operational Bill of Materials and determine safety stock strategies based on farm usage
- Support farm commissioning and ramp planning of new operations with applicable raw materials
- Assure commercial pricing agreements are up to date based on vendor quotes of sustaining materials
- Collect, analyze, and summarize historical purchasing data and trends
- Identify and implement process improvement opportunities
What you’ll bring to the table
- BA/BS + 2 years of experience in Supply Chain Planning, Operations or related field
- Open-minded self-starter with the ability to adapt, improvise and problem solve.
- Strong attention to detail with highly effective communication skills (verbal and written).
- Understanding of manufacturing processes and ERP systems.
- Strong Excel or Google Sheet skills.
- Ability to work independently on multiple tasks and projects, with various cross functional teams
- Team player with strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment, prioritize appropriately, and handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
What we can offer
Compensation: we’ll pay you a competitive salary paid on a biweekly basis, give you a stake in the company via equity, and contribute toward your 401K
Health & well-being: we’ll invest in your physical and mental well-being with comprehensive medical, dental, & vision benefits, in-office gyms, and an Employee Assistance Program to help with mental health, financial & legal matters
Food: in-office lunches, snacks and access to our leafy greens & new produce in development -- are you up for a side gig as a taste tester?
Grow together: learning & development opportunities including unlimited access to our Upstart University platform, LinkedIn Learning, lunch & learns, training certifications, and more
Equipment: we’ll provide you with the equipment you need to be successful, including $75/month toward your phone bill and $250 every 2 years to upgrade your phone
Paid time off: we know you’ll do your best if you’re taking time to recharge, so we don’t cap the amount of days you can take off per year in addition to the paid holidays we observe
Parental leave: 12 weeks off for all new parents - fully paid so you can focus your energy on your newest addition
Type of Role
Food safety requirements
- Comply with all Plant, State and Federal OSHA, EPA, FDA, HACCP, and SQF regulations
- All employees must show proof of COVID vaccination before starting work, other than in limited circumstances where the law requires an exception
- Ensure appropriate allocation of resources for food safety and quality
- Ensure all raw material goods are secured and only accessible to the appropriate employees