Wildtype isn’t plant-based, farmed-raised, or wild-caught. We're making cultivated seafood, starting with sushi-grade salmon.
Wildtype is on a mission to create the cleanest, most sustainable seafood on the planet, starting with sushi-grade salmon. We’re pioneering cellular agriculture to protect wild species and our oceans, and to reverse trends of global food insecurity. Wildtype will provide consumers with a new option for real seafood that provides the same nutritional benefits as the most pristine wild-caught fish, without common contaminants such as mercury, microplastics, antibiotics, or pesticides.
We were founded in 2016 by Aryé Elfenbein, a cardiologist and molecular biologist, and Justin Kolbeck (CEO), a former US diplomat who served in Pakistan and Afghanistan, in an effort to solve one of the world’s biggest problems: how to feed a growing population without stripping the earth of its natural resources and biodiversity. Investors include L Catterton, Jeff Bezos, Spark Capital, CRV, Temasek, Leonardo DiCaprio, and Robert Downey Jr.’s Footprint Coalition, among others.
Come join us in transforming our food system for good!
What you will own at Wildtype
- All aspects of the sales funnel across the food service channel, including outreach, tastings, sales agreements, and customer success.
- Customer success: ensuring all customers have the training, materials, and support they need to be successful.
- Identify and prospect new food service clients within the fine-dining space.
- Develop and execute a high-touch tasting experience for the most discerning customers.
- Assist with high-touch hospitality events with VIP clients and investors.
- Serve as the main point of contact for existing and new restaurant customers, addressing their inquiries and providing ongoing support.
What you bring to the table
- You have an extensive network of fine-dining chefs and restaurateurs.
- You are hospitality obsessed and strategic process-based.
- You are an amplifier of our mission and brand, inspiring and caring for our customers with delight, service, and quality.
- Exceptional negotiation and presentation abilities.
- Knowledge of high-end food service industry trends and operations a must.
What we’d like you to teach us
- How to build a network of the world’s best chefs and restaurateurs.
- How to close sales contracts with chefs and restaurateurs while setting expectations for supply constraints and keeping all stakeholders aligned on our sales and production plan.
- How to host thoughtful, high-touch tastings in our tasting rooms and at restaurants and venues around the country.
- How to reach out to and build relationships with the right leads at the right times.
Within 1 month you will have met with RD&I, product, and marketing teams to learn the ins and outs of cellular agriculture. You will have the tools to synthesize our technology in culinary terms. Additionally, you will have joined our sales team on multiple calls.
Within 3 months pending FDA approval you will have successfully closed your first deals to set the stage for our 2024 sales trajectory. You will also have assisted with standing up our launch partner restaurants working to deliver best-in-class experiences for our customers and consumers. You will be a true ambassador for sustainable seafood and inspire chefs to lead a global transformation to a clean seafood future.
Within 6 months you will be managing the sales funnel and be instrumental in closing deals and moving leads through the pipeline. You will have worked closely with the broader commercial team to implement our strategy for selling through 2024 and beyond. You will also have implemented and iterated improvements in our sales and customer service experiences through feedback from our initial customers. You will have applied your deep experience in hospitality to delighting our customers with unexpected service.
Within 12 months you will have led Wildtype to grow its customer base for 2024 with a firm grasp of what our sales process looks like beyond 2024. You will also have paved the way for sales growth beyond 2024 with unrelenting customer obsession. Additionally, you will have led high-touch culinary and media events supporting our restaurant partners and Wildtype’s place in the food community.
Compensation range is listed below, in addition we offer 90th percentile equity.
Location: This position is an onsite role based in San Francisco.
Compensation (per year)
To learn more about Wildtype and see our newest updates, check out our blog!
Wildtype is committed to building a diverse workplace spanning multiple dimensions including race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender identity, and veteran status.