Archer is an aerospace company building an all-electric vertical takeoff and landing aircraft focused on improving mobility in cities. The company's mission is to advance the benefits of sustainable air mobility. Archer is designing, manufacturing, and operating a fully electric aircraft that can carry four passengers for 60 miles at speeds of up to 150mph while producing minimal noise. Archer's team is based in the San Francisco Bay Area.
Archer is an aerospace company based in San Jose, California building an all-electric vertical takeoff and landing aircraft with a mission to advance the benefits of sustainable air mobility. We are designing, manufacturing, and operating an all-electric aircraft that can carry four passengers for 60 miles at speeds of up to 150 mph while producing minimal noise.
Our sights are set high and our problems are hard, and we believe that diversity in the workplace is what makes us smarter, drives better insights, and will ultimately lift us all to success. We are dedicated to cultivating an equitable and inclusive environment that embraces our differences, and supports and celebrates all of our team members.
What you’ll do:
- Become familiar with the flight control system architecture and detailed design of its subsystems and components
- Develop the Flight Control System Subject Specific Certification Plan
- Develop of the Flight Control System Compliance Checklist
- Develop and coordinate the Conformity Inspection Plan
- Provide guidance to the flight controls team about the latest regulations, policies and standards
- Work closely with the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) and its delegates, as required to present Archer concepts, gather feedback, and promote development of the flight control system
- Support the definition of issue papers and regulatory requirements for Archer’s Midnight Aircraft
- Coordinate FAA and DER engagement for showing of compliance with federal regulations
What you need:
- 6+ years of experience in a related field
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering
- Strong knowledge of aviation regulations (14 CFR Part 23 and/or Part 25) along with experience working directly with the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA)
- Strong knowledge of aerospace standards and experience contributing to standardization bodies working groups (ARINC, RTCA, ASTM, Eurocae...)
- Broad knowledge of flight controls, including fly-by-wire systems, autopilots, electro-mechanical actuation, air data sensors, and inertial data sensors.
- Excellent technical writing, presentation, and interpersonal communication skills
- Experience developing or participating in the development of certification plans and compliance checklists
- Willingness to engage in technical activities and contribute to system development
At Archer we aim to attract, retain, and motivate talent that possess the skills and leadership necessary to grow our business. We drive a pay-for-performance culture and reward performance that supports the Company’s business strategy. For this position we are targeting a base pay between $164,000 $205,000. Actual compensation offered will be determined by factors such as job-related knowledge, skills, and experience.
Archer is proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusivity in the workplace. All aspects of employment are decided on the basis of merit, qualifications, and business needs. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.