Archer is an aerospace company building an all-electric vertical takeoff and landing aircraft focused on improving mobility in cities. The company's mission is to advance the benefits of sustainable air mobility. Archer is designing, manufacturing, and operating a fully electric aircraft that can carry four passengers for 60 miles at speeds of up to 150mph while producing minimal noise. Archer's team is based in the San Francisco Bay Area.
Archer is an aerospace company based in San Jose, California building an all-electric vertical takeoff and landing aircraft with a mission to advance the benefits of sustainable air mobility. We are designing, manufacturing, and operating an all-electric aircraft that can carry four passengers for 60 miles at speeds of up to 150 mph while producing minimal noise.
Our sights are set high and our problems are hard, and we believe that diversity in the workplace is what makes us smarter, drives better insights, and will ultimately lift us all to success. We are dedicated to cultivating an equitable and inclusive environment that embraces our differences, and supports and celebrates all of our team members.
What you’ll do:
- Uses engineering tools to design/analyze hardware for product assemblies: changes, new development, unitization, and integration
- Design manufacturing equipment and fixtures in-house
- Develop specification for tooling and automation equipment
- Responsible for the completion of technical engineering tasks from definition to deployment through installation.
- Manage equipment design using functional requirements, technical specifications, as well as time and budget requirements.
- Coordinates with manufacturing and design to deliver on project scope, schedule and services
- Create Training documentation for installation
- Oversee technician/operator training on the equipment
- Processes data, writes engineering reports, and diagnoses equipment system malfunctions.
- Implement process control parameters and strategies to ensure process capability
- Contributes to reliability analysis such as risk assessments, FMEA, etc.by gathering and examining data.
- Define and execute product verification/validation testing
- Assists Manufacturing during assembly and production testing
- Participate in early prototype product builds to characterize and develop both product and process critical parameters.
- Support first unit builds and testing of the production system
What you need:
- 2+ year work experience and Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical, Electrical, Industrial Engineering, Mechatronic, or a equivalent & related practical experience
- Experience commissioning and improving equipment.
- Understanding of Lean Manufacturing
- Proficiency using 2D & 3D CAD to generate manufacturing layouts, assembly models, and detailed part drawings for fabrication.
- Demonstrated experience in statistical process control and GD&T
- Excellent communicator, both in presentations and written reports.
- Able to maintain organization and focus in a highly dynamic environment.
- Prefer ability to travel 10% of the time, both domestically and internationally.
- Development of the Electric Motor (Engine) equipment and manufacturing
- Prior internships or full-time experience in Aerospace manufacturing engineering or similar role.
- NX software experience
- Experience developing production lines from prototype to production.
- Experience with PLM, MES, and ERP software.
- Direct experience programming and troubleshooting industrial automation (PLC, robots, gantries, etc…)
At Archer we aim to attract, retain, and motivate talent that possess the skills and leadership necessary to grow our business. We drive a pay-for-performance culture and reward performance that supports the Company’s business strategy. For this position we are targeting a base pay between $110,000-$138,000. Actual compensation offered will be determined by factors such as job-related knowledge, skills, and experience.
Archer is proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusivity in the workplace. All aspects of employment are decided on the basis of merit, qualifications, and business needs. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.