We’re on a journey to Grow the Future of Materials. How? By unlocking the unique properties of mycelium, the root structure of mushrooms. Our patented technology, Fine Mycelium™, unleashes a new class of materials crafted from nature, engineered for performance, and built for a resilient future.
Our impact on future generations steers our innovations today. From our expertise in mycology and materials science to our manufacturing innovations, we’re creating new possibilities for industry. We’re an outstanding team of scientists, engineers, product experts, artists, leaders—and you.
We’re on a journey to Grow the Future of Materials. How? By unlocking the unique properties of mycelium, the root structure of mushrooms. Our patented technology, Fine Mycelium™, unleashes a new class of materials crafted from nature, engineered for performance, and built for a resilient future.We’re seeking passionate learners to join us in pioneering a materials revolution and creating an epic place to work. MycoWorks offers competitive equity and benefits programs to support the health, well-being, and financial empowerment of all our employees.We root our relationships with our partners and one another in our core values: Be Mycelial, Cultivate Quality, and Grow the Future, and we're committed to building a diverse team and an inclusive environment where all employees belong. Women, gender-expansive individuals, people of color, individuals with disabilities, veterans, and LGBTQ+ candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
We are seeking an experienced engineering manager to fill the role of Engineering Manager within the MycoWorks Engineering Team. This role will report to the Plant Engineering Director and will work collaboratively with both Process Development and Production Operations to develop and scale new manufacturing systems, equipment automation solutions, and process reliability improvements for our pilot plant facility and future manufacturing site. A strong track record of leading engineering teams, managing direct reports, and delivering capital projects along with expertise in design, manufacturing, and automation are crucial for this role.
- Manage a team of engineers that is responsible for designing, building, and commissioning a greenfield production site to support future manufacturing operations for the company
- Lead strategic technology development and manufacturing automation efforts associated with the design, construction, and startup of a high-volume manufacturing site
- Coach engineering team members in the design, testing, and validation of capital process equipment across multiple manufacturing technologies and various unit operations
- Partner cross-functionally with product research, process development, and manufacturing operations teams to implement strategic process changes that deliver product quality improvements, process reliability upgrades, and production throughput increases
- Drive the company vision via the development and execution of engineering strategies and manufacturing masterplans, including developing both long-term strategic goals as well as near-term tactical goals
- Ensure the successful ongoing delivery of key engineering metrics including schedule adherence, budget control, resource loading, and risk mitigation across multiple capital projects
- Implement the MycoWay engineering work process to support the successful delivery of engineering projects across the company
- Support direct reports in their ongoing personal development and career progression objectives
- Mechanical, Industrial, Electrical or Chemical Engineering Degree (BS/MS)
- Manufacturing Industry Experience (10+ Years - Preferably Food/Beverage, Consumer Products, or Similar High-Volume Industries)
- Engineering Leadership Experience (5+ Years Managing Engineering Teams & Direct Reports)
- Expertise in Design for Manufacturing & Lean Manufacturing Methodologies
- Experience Executing Large Capital Projects & Greenfield Plant Builds
- Project Management Certification (Strong Scheduling, Budgeting, & Resourcing Skills)