Fluence is the leading global energy storage technology and services company, created and backed by Siemens and AES, two industry powerhouses and pioneers in energy storage. Fluence unites the scale, experience, breadth, and financial backing of the two most experienced icons in energy storage.
Our mission is to create a more sustainable future by transforming the way we power our world. Energy storage is critical to this transformation, yet today the market is fragmented and customers face the challenge of finding a trusted technology partner amidst conflicting technical claims, inexperienced vendors and installers, and new market entrants with limited power sector knowledge.
Fluence brings the proven technology solutions and services that overcome the commercial and regulatory barriers that stand in the way of modernizing our energy networks. We are the partner that can deliver at a global scale with the most experienced and knowledgeable team in the world.
About Fluence: Fluence Energy, Inc. (Nasdaq: FLNC) is a global market leader in energy storage products and services, and optimization software for renewables and storage. With a presence in over 47 markets globally, Fluence provides an ecosystem of offerings to drive the clean energy transition, including modular, scalable energy storage products, comprehensive service offerings, and the Fluence IQ Platform, which delivers AI-enabled SaaS products for managing and optimizing renewables and storage from any provider. Fluence is transforming the way we power our world by helping customers create more resilient and sustainable electric grids.
OUR CULTURE AND VALUES
We are guided by our passion to transform the way we power our world. Achieving our goals requires creativity, diversity of ideas and backgrounds, and building trust to effect change and move with speed.
We are Leading
Fluence currently has thousands of MW of energy storage projects operated or awarded worldwide in addition to the thousands of MW of projects managed by our trading platform—and we are growing every day.
We are Responsible
Fluence is defined by its unwavering commitment to safety, quality, and integrity.
We are Agile
We achieve our goals and meet our customer’s needs by cultivating curiosity, adaptability, and self-reflection in our teams.
We are Fun
We value the diversity in thought and experience of our coworkers and customers. Through honest, forthcoming, and respectful communications we work to ensure that Fluence is an inclusive and welcoming environment for all.
ABOUT THE POSITION:
As an Energy Storage Commissioning Engineer, your responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
· Commission Fluence Projects working in cooperation with multiple project stakeholders including Fluence construction managers, contractors, suppliers, automation teams, control systems teams, etc.
· Develop and execute commissioning plans including resourcing and scheduling.
· Lead commissioning efforts to achieve commercial operations, and handover from delivery/construction team to the O&M team for each project.
· Define, develop and execute testing protocols based on industry-accepted practices, market rules, local utility requirements, off-taker and third-party supply contracts.
· Oversee complete commissioning and acceptance testing of the following systems: 1) project networks, communications, and control systems; 2) balance of plant relay protection, metering, HVAC, fire suppression, and electrical systems; 3) battery subsystems; 4) inverter subsystems.
· Perform electricity market and/or off-taker qualification testing as required for the project to commence commercial operations.
· Troubleshoot and resolve technical issues that may arise during commissioning and field operations. Collaborate with cross-functional teams to implement best practices and improve commissioning efficiency.
· Perform other tasks as assigned by commissioning leader / manager.
What does the ideal candidate bring to Fluence:
· A bachelor's degree in electrical engineering or the like with at least 2-4 years of experience in related field, such industrial/utility construction, commissioning and troubleshooting, performance testing and project management and an A-Class Electricians license with relevant qualifications and/or experience in HV environment.
· Must be willing to accept work assignments that require extensive day or night travel from home, including weekends and holidays and willing to work on extended hours and work during weekends/holidays as and when necessary. Depending on the location of the site under commissioning, the role may involve extended placements away from the home base, with rotation arrangements agreed on a case by case basis.
· Knowledgeable and experienced in installation, testing and commissioning of switchgears, protective relays, power transformers and grid-tie inverters (preferably OEM). Knowledgeable in operation of testing equipment.
· Knowledge and experience with SCADA protocols such as: IEC60870-5-101/103/104, IEC 61850 MMS, DNP3 & Modbus.
· Working knowledge on PLC (Siemens S7 & Allen Bradley ControlLogix PLC), soft logic IEC 61131, SEL Relays & Meters, Siemens Relays & Meters & SCADA Gateways & Data Concentrators.
· Experience with managed ethernet switches, media converters (fiber & serial).
· Proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Projects) and workforce planning tools and software.
· Flexibility and adaptability to changing projects, mobility, ability to manage multiple complex and on-gong tasks and projects.
· Proven success on challenging projects and proven capability in managing contractors and working in a matrix organization of fast-paced environment.
· Strong written and verbal communication skills, including ability to present ideas and suggestions clearly and effectively to internal and external stakeholders.
· Desire to take responsibility and initiative.
Fluence IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER and fully subscribes to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity to ensure that all applicants and employees are considered for hire, promotion, and job status without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital or familial status.