Hi. We're Impossible Foods, and we make meat, dairy and fish from plants. Our mission is to make the global food system truly sustainable by eliminating the need to make food from animals. Why? Animal agriculture uses a tremendous amount of the world's natural resources. In 2016, we launched our first product, the Impossible™ Burger. It's delicious, nutritious, and made using but a small fraction of the land, water and energy required to make meat from a cow.
Impossible Foods is looking for an Employee Relations Manager to join our organization. As the Employee Relations Manager, you will play a critical role in developing the strategy and programs for the company’s employee relations. You will help ensure the company’s treatment of employees is fair, respectful, and consistent with Impossible Foods’ core business values. You will handle critical employee relations issues that are highly sensitive and require building trust and collaboration with both management and employees, such as: workplace investigations, accommodation requests, and assisting with manager training and coaching. Being flexible and able to balance priorities is a key to the success of this position.
- Conduct workplace investigations and address employee issues and complaints working in partnership with the Employment Counsel and HR Business Partners.
- Ensure cases are handled fairly and consistently in a timely fashion, and in line with company values and applicable laws.
- Design, deliver, and maintain training for employees, supervisors, managers, and HR pertaining to employee relations and related compliance (e.g., training concerning policies, procedures, labor relations, and/or applicable state and federal legal requirements).
- Collaborate in the design, collection, and analysis of multiple levels of employee feedback.
- Partner with People Business Partners, Security, and Compliance teams to ensure cross-functional investigations and any disciplinary processes are handled promptly, consistently, and in compliance with applicable laws.
- Analyze ER trends to develop solutions and strategies and make recommendations based on ER related data.
- Research trends and practices in labor/employee relation by assessing and maintaining a case management system and recommend programs that will improve employee and labor relations.
- Provide advice and counsel regarding leave administration, e.g., FMLA, CFRA, and compliance with the Americans with Disability Act and the requirements under this law, e.g., the interactive process.
- 7+ years of Employee Relations/Labor Relations experience conducting investigations
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to competently analyze and synthesize documents and data to make objective findings.
- Deep knowledge of ER, labor relations, federal, state and local laws that govern employment practices.
- Deep understanding of FMLA, EEO laws, ADA and other employment-related state and federal laws & regulations.
- Self-starter who can operate, deliver results, and set priorities independently.
- Able to handle confidential information in a professional manner.
- Ability to excel in a fast-paced environment with changing priorities.
- Prior experience working in a high growth environment.
- Law degree is a plus.
At Impossible Foods, safety is our priority. Our obligation to our employees (and their families and communities) includes providing a fully vaccinated workplace. It is widely recognized that vaccination is by far the safest and most effective tool for protecting ourselves and our community against the spread of Covid-19. For the sake of our employees, their families, and communities, Impossible Foods will require vaccination by February 1, 2022 for all US-based employees who are on-site at one of IF’s facilities or co-manufacturing facilities; are in a position that requires them to be in person with co-workers, customers, clients, or contractors; or are traveling on behalf of the Company, including attending any in-person Company-sponsored event.
Impossible Foods Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
Depending on your location, the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) may regulate the way we manage the data of job applicants. Our full notice outlining how data will be processed as part of the application procedure for applicable locations is available here: https://impossiblefoods.com/careers/notice
. By submitting your application, you are agreeing to our use and processing of your data as required.
If the ability to work remotely is indicated, this role can be performed from any US state except for Alaska, New Mexico, Oklahoma, Hawaii, and Wisconsin.
This role is not eligible for Visa Sponsorship.