Archer is an aerospace company building an all-electric vertical takeoff and landing aircraft focused on improving mobility in cities. The company's mission is to advance the benefits of sustainable air mobility. Archer is designing, manufacturing, and operating a fully electric aircraft that can carry four passengers for 60 miles at speeds of up to 150mph while producing minimal noise. Archer's team is based in the San Francisco Bay Area.
Archer is an aerospace company based in San Jose, California building an all-electric vertical takeoff and landing aircraft with a mission to advance the benefits of sustainable air mobility. We are designing, manufacturing, and operating an all-electric aircraft that can carry four passengers for 60 miles at speeds of up to 150 mph while producing minimal noise.
Our sights are set high and our problems are hard, and we believe that diversity in the workplace is what makes us smarter, drives better insights, and will ultimately lift us all to success. We are dedicated to cultivating an equitable and inclusive environment that embraces our differences, and supports and celebrates all of our team members.
What You’ll Do:
We are looking for a Director of Internal Audit, this position is needed to lead the strategy, development, and program execution of our global Internal Audit and Sarbanes-Oxley function. This role will report functionally to the Chair of the Audit Committee of the Board of Directors and our Chief Financial Officer Administratively. This leader will make valuable contributions by: leading the development and execution of a risk-based audit plan that aligns with Archer’s priorities and initiatives; knowing the business and associated risks and tailoring our programs to address those risks; working with business leaders to proactively improve processes and policies; maintaining high engagement with internal stakeholders; and elevating a highly functioning results-oriented team.
- Set the vision and strategy for the Internal Audit function.
- Oversee the evaluation and design of internal controls, make recommendations for improvement and drive changes to both controls and processes.
- Direct the execution of our Sarbanes-Oxley testing program, including collaboration with our external auditor to ensure efficient and effective coverage of our financial controls and enhancing external audit leverage of our internal audit work.
- Select and implement a risk-based internal audit plan, including advisory audits throughout the business resulting in high-impact observations and proposed solutions.
- Communicate results of the SOX program and critical observations from the advisory audits to the Audit Committee of the Board of Directors and senior levels of management. Elevate, lead, and inspire an impactful team with a commitment to continuous learning and improvement, using a collaborative management style with a willingness to dig into details to support our objectives in a hyper-growth public company environment.
- Drive collaborative and proactive relationships with key stakeholders, including key constituents throughout the Company including but not limited to the Controllership, Legal & Compliance, IT, HR, Supply Chain, and Engineering departments.
What You Need:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in accounting and/or MBA in Accounting or Finance
- Professional accounting and/or audit qualification(CPA, CIA, CISA, ACCA,CMA, Chartered Accountant) preferred.
- 15+ overall years of relevant external and or internal audit and 8+ years of leadership experience leading an internal audit function at a global publicly traded company, either directly or through the outsourced advisory function of a Big 4 firm.
- Deep understanding of manufacturing operations, inventory valuation, and cost accounting.
- Strong time management and organizational skills.
- Proactive work ethic and ability to work under pressure.
- Ability to develop and mentor a team to work collectively towards objectives and timely meet deadlines.
- Detailed orientated with the highest regard for accuracy and completeness.
- Ability to manage several priorities, work cross-functionally, and meet tight deadlines.
- Strong analytical, problem solving and financial troubleshooting skills.
- Effective communicator, with excellent written and verbal communication skills including bridging communication between Finance, Operations, and Information Technology Departments.
- A high level of energy and ability to thrive in fast-paced, dynamic business environments, with a demonstrated track record of excelling under pressure while maintaining an accountable, collaborative, positive environment.
- Strong financial reporting and manufacturing knowledge with high tech experience.
- Consistent record of establishing relationships with cross-functional business partners.
- Strong ability to drive continuous improvement of processes to eliminate manual controls.
- Enjoy working in a constantly evolving environment with multiple priorities.
- Experience with major ERP(SAP or Oracle), SAP strongly preferred.
- Experience with Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) implementations and related auditing procedures.
- Experience with MS Office, Power BI, Tableau, Power Query, and SAP Analytics or ACL a plus.
Please note that this job description is intended to provide a general overview of the position and does not include an exhaustive list of responsibilities and qualifications
At Archer we aim to attract, retain, and motivate talent that possess the skills and leadership necessary to grow our business. We drive a pay-for-performance culture and reward performance that supports the Company’s business strategy. For this position we are targeting a base pay between $195,840-$244,800. Actual compensation offered will be determined by factors such as job-related knowledge, skills, and experience.
Archer is proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusivity in the workplace. All aspects of employment are decided on the basis of merit, qualifications, and business needs. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.