Meati Foods is focused on using proprietary, clean technologies to provide nutritious, fungi-based protein that everyone can enjoy and feel good about eating every day. The company strongly believes that finding the right protein should be easy and consumers should never have to choose between health, taste or the environment.
Based in Boulder, Colorado, Meati Foods is on a mission to help feed everyone -- forever. We believe everyone should have the choice to eat nutritious, unprocessed protein grown from nature. That's why we harness a single, infinite ingredient called mycelium – the muscular root structure of mushrooms – to put delicious Good Energy on your plate without compromising on health for you and your family, or for the planet. Get to know Meati at www.meati.com or on Instagram.
Our team is passionate about making the world a better place through good health and wellness, positive climate impact, and equitable access to nutrition around the world. This passion translates into the culture of our office, making Meati Foods a lively, enjoyable, innovative, and inclusive place to work. This is an exciting time to be a part of Meati Foods and the growing plant-based meat category.
The Manager of FP&A will be responsible for the Financial Planning and Analysis function of the business. In addition, the position will have an active role including developing analyses and presentations for the CEO, CFO, and Leadership Team. The FP&A Manager will have an emphasis on identifying new, forward-looking ways of analyzing and measuring the business and performance, providing improved advance insight into the operational issues. This role will partner with the functional leaders in development and delivery of annual operating revenue and expense budgets; ensure annual goals are established with monthly performance tracking.
- Establish the FP&A function; bring new thinking and best practices to the function, as appropriate, including analyzing and pushing new metrics and performance indicators to help identify trends
- Serve as a Finance business subject matter expert/partner and assist the Executive Leadership Team with financial strategy, budgeting and forecasting
- Assist strategic reviews and business development analyses as required for the executive team
- Assist with Planning processes for both the Annual and Strategic plans
- Assist with forecasting diagnostics for every aspect of the S&OP planning process
- Provide thoughtful and meaningful financial analyses that aid senior leadership decisions and support a range of accounting and financial activities, and identify larger patterns and trends for the business
- Work closely with business leaders to manage and control operating results, identifying areas of both growth potential and cost efficiency
- Analyze and report on emerging business trends and operational drivers
- Assess the organizational structure to determine the best arrangement going forward
- Deetermine next-level succession planning and capabilities within the team
- Develop strategic plans with cross-functional business leaders to address opportunities
- Identify and evaluate strategic partnerships, acquisitions, and other business development opportunities to accelerate the Company's growth and profitability
- 4+ years of experience in FP&A and/or operating finance roles
- Bachelor's degree in Finance or related work experience; MBA is a plus
- Experience implementing metrics, processes and systems needed to enable financial analytics, forecasting, and valuation techniques. Experience upgrading the role of finance and/or building an FP&A function and team from scratch is ideal
- Experience in a company that manufactures a consumer product
- An understanding of inventory management and distribution of a branded consumer product
- Excellent analytical, math, and organizational skills, in addition to superior written, negotiation, presentation, and verbal communication skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Able to operate in a fast-paced organization and handle multiple projects simultaneously
- Energetic, resilient, and personally committed to achieving success
- Collaborative; proven ability to drive cross-functional partnership with success
- Entrepreneurial, action-oriented; takes appropriate risks to help the company succeed
- Inspires others to work at high-performance levels; creates an environment that cultivates employee pride of ownership and an emphasis on teamwork
- Strong communication skills including verbal, written, and presentation
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to work independently
- Capable to work cross functionally with leadership teams and multiple business lines
- Able to develop presentation/deck w/critical financial data
- Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance
- AD&D, Short-Term & Long-Term Disability Coverage
- Employee Assistance Program
- 401k Contributions & Company Match
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Meati is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.