ICON develops advanced construction technologies that advance humanity. Using proprietary 3D printing robotics, software and advanced materials, ICON is shifting the paradigm of homebuilding on Earth and beyond. www.iconbuild.com / follow on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter @ICON3DTech
ICON is seeking a Construction Estimator to play an integral role in building 3D printed houses. This individual will work as a member of the Construction Operations team and will support multiple different types of projects, including production residential, custom residential, military, and NASA. They will also be responsible for building out a successful estimation process that can be scaled as the company grows. Most importantly, the ideal applicant will be an enthusiastic member of a dynamic startup team which is doing work that matters. This role is based in Austin, TX campus and reports to ICON's VP of Finance.
- Review and understand plans and accurately estimate materials and labor required for construction.
- Provide direct estimation support for both the Build Ops and Print Ops teams.
- Liaise with Material Science and Tech teams to facilitate cost savings for print materials.
- Liaise with the Building Design & Performance team to facilitate cost savings for construction.
- Liaise with the Business Development team to build estimates for prospective projects.
- Perform takeoffs and estimates from project plans.
- Research vendors and best practices for the purpose of achieving cost savings.
- Visit sites, suppliers, and other venues necessary to gather appropriate information for estimating.
- Prepare relevant and reliable forecasts.
- Create and present reports to upper management.
- Analyze and evaluate bids and quotes.
- Provide value engineering recommendations.
- Select, measure and track important cost metrics.
- Build and maintain long-term relationships with the key vendors.
Work closely with Purchasing and with Accounting and Finance teams.
- 5+ years of relevant experience as a construction estimator.
- In-depth knowledge of construction estimation, specifically in residential production building.
- Experience with construction value engineering fundamentals.
- Well-versed with construction estimating softwares.
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Excellent time-management skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
ICON is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an innovative, inclusive, and discrimination-free work environment. Employment with ICON is based on merit, competence, and qualifications. We provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, national origin, religion, disability, sex (including pregnancy, sexual orientation, or gender identity), genetic trait, veteran status, or any other protected characteristic in accordance with applicable law. If there are accommodations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit candidates through this application. ICON does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency submissions for candidates and will not pay fees to any third-party agency without a prior agreement with ICON.