Salary not provided
About the company:
We at Vertical Aerospace are pushing the boundaries of what is possible, creating technology to achieve sustainable air travel like never before. Vertical comprises a world-class team of leaders, experts, engineers who're all striving towards the same goal, to make air travel personal, on-demand, and carbon free. This is your chance to be a part of this extraordinary team.
Vertical is one the world’s leading eVTOL businesses, and a pioneer of this ground-breaking new segment, which marks the beginning of sustainable aviation.
Founded in 2016, Vertical uniquely combines the best of the aerospace, Formula 1 and automotive industries and has become one of only seven companies globally to have successfully flown multiple full-scale eVTOL prototypes. The VX4, is a world-leading fully composite tilt-rotor winged eVTOL that will carry one pilot and four passengers or cargo. VX4 is in plan to be certified in late 2025, placing the business in the top two companies globally with a commercially viable aircraft capable of spanning intra and intercity passenger and cargo eVTOL markets.
Work closely with our business teams in Commercial, Production, Engineering, Quality and Programme Management. The role will be responsible for evolving and executing sourcing strategies for their given category group, developing integrated strategies with Engineering and managing the contracting activities. The Category Manager will collaborate closely with our Supply Chain Manager and report into our Supply Chain Executive.
You will work closely with our business teams in Commercial, Production, Engineering, Quality and Programme Management. The role will be responsible for evolving and executing sourcing strategies for their given category group, developing integrated strategies with Engineering and managing the contracting activities.
Key day to day activity and accountabilities will include:
- Strategy: Evolving the procurement strategies to deliver value for Vertical
- Sourcing: Market assessments & identification of potential new suppliers. Negotiating and Contracting
- Supplier Relationship Management: working to build strong mutually beneficial relationships with our supply chain partners
- Supplier Performance Management: monitoring supplier adherence to contractual requirements, ensuring any performance delta’s have a suitable remedy applied
- Risk Management: clarity on the risks within the supply chain, utilising data and insights to predict potential issues and determine required treatment
- Process: Contribute to developing our procurement processes and tools
- BA degree or equivalent in a business related field or CIPS qualification
- Experience working as a Procurement professional in a regulated or complex industry
- Strong contract management skills
- Demonstratable negotiation on pricing and contract terms and conditions
- Global outlook and exposure to different challenges, cultures and ways of working; willingness to learn and be part of a fast paced diverse team
- Good planning / project management skills
- Sound technical skills, analytical ability, good judgement, and strong operational focus
- A team player with a can-do attitude who works well in a range of teams
- A strategic thinker with strong analytical skills and operational focus
Do you like the look of this opportunity but not sure if you meet all of the criteria we’ve outlined in the advert?
Here at Vertical, we are working to create an environment of growth, diversity and opportunities for people to take on challenges and push the status quo.
If you are excited about this role or joining us but your experience or qualifications are not completely aligned with the criteria, we would still love to hear from you, this may be the role for you!
This is an on-going advert and interviews will be held on an ad-hoc basis until sufficient applications have been received.