Archer is an aerospace company building an all-electric vertical takeoff and landing aircraft focused on improving mobility in cities. The company's mission is to advance the benefits of sustainable air mobility. Archer is designing, manufacturing, and operating a fully electric aircraft that can carry four passengers for 60 miles at speeds of up to 150mph while producing minimal noise. Archer's team is based in the San Francisco Bay Area.
Archer is an aerospace company based in San Jose, California building an all-electric vertical takeoff and landing aircraft with a mission to advance the benefits of sustainable air mobility. We are designing, manufacturing, and operating an all-electric aircraft that can carry four passengers for 60 miles at speeds of up to 150 mph while producing minimal noise.
Our sights are set high and our problems are hard, and we believe that diversity in the workplace is what makes us smarter, drives better insights, and will ultimately lift us all to success. We are dedicated to cultivating an equitable and inclusive environment that embraces our differences, and supports and celebrates all of our team members.
What You’ll Do
- Execute battery pack and cell performance tests utilizing environmental chambers and battery cyclers
- Perform BMS functionality testing
- Ability to read and understand wiring diagrams and electrical schematics.
- Execute and document battery electrical, mechanical, and safety testing with in-house test equipment and at external test houses
- Build securing harnesses/hardware for connection with test equipment and packs
- Build test fixtures to be used with cells, bucks, and packs
- Support engineers to execute board-level reworks
- Support troubleshooting and preventative maintenance of battery test equipment
- Support installation and commissioning of new cyclers, chambers, vibration tables in Archer’s battery test lab
- Support failure review efforts
What You Need
- 3+ years of experience in cell or battery testing within an engineering or manufacturing industry
- Hands-on experience with cell test/data monitoring, battery module and/or pack test/data monitoring
- Hands-on experience with oscilloscopes, power supplies, multimeters, and CAN tools
- Experience with soldering, wire harness builds, wire crimping
- Hands-on experience building fixtures and procuring parts
- Hands-on experience preparing samples for test
- Experience successfully conducting tests according to SOPs and Test Plans
- Problem-solving skills
- Good communication skills
- Associates degree
- Ability to travel to test facilities
- Bachelor's degree in engineering
- Experience with HIL testing
- Experience with Battery Manufacturing
- Experience with high voltage systems: cars, aircraft, etc.
- Experience with DO-160G, DO-311A, UN 38.3
- Experience with data analysis
- Experience with Thermal Runaway setup and testing
- Experience with AVL, Arbin, Neware, Chroma, and/or other Test Cycler Systems
At Archer we aim to attract, retain, and motivate talent that possess the skills and leadership necessary to grow our business. We drive a pay-for-performance culture and reward performance that supports the Company’s business strategy. For this position we are targeting a base pay between $100,000 - $125,000. Actual compensation offered will be determined by factors such as job-related knowledge, skills, and experience.
Archer is proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusivity in the workplace. All aspects of employment are decided on the basis of merit, qualifications, and business needs. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.