Archer is an aerospace company building an all-electric vertical takeoff and landing aircraft focused on improving mobility in cities. The company's mission is to advance the benefits of sustainable air mobility. Archer is designing, manufacturing, and operating a fully electric aircraft that can carry four passengers for 60 miles at speeds of up to 150mph while producing minimal noise. Archer's team is based in the San Francisco Bay Area.
Archer is an aerospace company based in San Jose, California building an all-electric vertical takeoff and landing aircraft with a mission to advance the benefits of sustainable air mobility. We are designing, manufacturing, and operating an all-electric aircraft that can carry four passengers for 60 miles at speeds of up to 150 mph while producing minimal noise.
Our sights are set high and our problems are hard, and we believe that diversity in the workplace is what makes us smarter, drives better insights, and will ultimately lift us all to success. We are dedicated to cultivating an equitable and inclusive environment that embraces our differences, and supports and celebrates all of our team members.
What You’ll Do
- Formulate and Execute cell, module, and battery pack abuse testing to include Thermal Runaway, Short Circuit, Flammability, Overcharge, and Overdischarge
- Perform data analysis and create reports
- Execute and document battery electrical, mechanical, and safety testing with in-house test equipment and at external test houses
- Identify new techniques used in testing battery packs.
- Build test fixtures to be used with cells, bucks, and packs
- Support small scale buck and prototype builds
- Support troubleshooting and preventative maintenance of battery test equipment and setups
- Support installation and commissioning of new cyclers and chambers in Archer’s battery test lab
- Support failure review efforts
- Perform cell, buck, and pack teardown with the battery engineering team
What You Need
- BS in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Chemical Engineering, or related field
- 3+ years of experience in cell and battery abuse testing within an engineering or manufacturing industry
- High Voltage experience
- Hands-on experience with cell test/data monitoring, battery module and/or pack test/data monitoring
- Design experience of fixtures, test setups, and procuring parts
- Hands-on experience preparing samples for test
- Experience successfully writing SOPs and Test Plans
- Problem-solving skills
- Good communication skills
- Experience with a wide variety of DAQ systems
- Experience with MATLAB and Python
- Ability to travel to test facilities
- Masters degree in engineering
- Experience with Battery Manufacturing
- Experience with high voltage systems: cars, aircraft, etc.
- Experience with DO-160G, DO-311A, UN 38.3
- Experience with data analysis
- Experience with Thermal Runaway setup and testing
- Experience with AVL, Arbin, Neware, Chroma, and/or other Test Cycler Systems
At Archer we aim to attract, retain, and motivate talent that possess the skills and leadership necessary to grow our business. We drive a pay-for-performance culture and reward performance that supports the Company’s business strategy. For this position we are targeting a base pay between $104,000 - $130,000. Actual compensation offered will be determined by factors such as job-related knowledge, skills, and experience.
Archer is proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusivity in the workplace. All aspects of employment are decided on the basis of merit, qualifications, and business needs. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.