Archer is an aerospace company building an all-electric vertical takeoff and landing aircraft focused on improving mobility in cities. The company's mission is to advance the benefits of sustainable air mobility. Archer is designing, manufacturing, and operating a fully electric aircraft that can carry four passengers for 60 miles at speeds of up to 150mph while producing minimal noise. Archer's team is based in the San Francisco Bay Area.
Archer is an aerospace company based in San Jose, California building an all-electric vertical takeoff and landing aircraft with a mission to advance the benefits of sustainable air mobility. We are designing, manufacturing, and operating an all-electric aircraft that can carry four passengers for 60 miles at speeds of up to 150 mph while producing minimal noise.
Our sights are set high and our problems are hard, and we believe that diversity in the workplace is what makes us smarter, drives better insights, and will ultimately lift us all to success. We are dedicated to cultivating an equitable and inclusive environment that embraces our differences, and supports and celebrates all of our team members.
What you’ll do:
- Manage high voltage battery prototype builds and series production
- Participate in build readiness reviews and manage build plan
- Generate daily production and quality reports for engineering and operations team
- Manage inventory on production floor
- Create and maintain standard work instructions
- Support issue resolution including root cause investigations & corrective action tracking
- Supervise, coach, mentor battery manufacturing technicians
- Work closely with the engineering teams to support manual, semi-automated, and automated equipment bring-up, process validation, and operations
- Develop and enforce 5S practices
What you need:
- Associate’s Degree, or equivalent
- 2+ years in leadership position
- 5+ years in manufacturing
- Direct hands on build experience with mechanical and electronic assemblies using sophisticated manufacturing equipment
- High quality workmanship standards
- Excellent documentation and written communication; proficient using Microsoft Office
- Basic knowledge of drafting standards (read and interpret mechanical and electrical drawings) to produce parts and assemblies
- Familiarity with 5S or similar workplace organization methods
- Experience following all aspects of maintenance safety protocol (LOTO, 5S, Arc Flash, etc.).
- Experience using PLM, MES, and ERP software
- Direct experience building and testing high voltage battery modules and / or packs
- Experience with battery end of line testing and battery cyclers
- Direct experience programming and troubleshooting industrial automation (PLC, robots, gantries, etc…)
- Basic CAD design experience (i.e. NX, Catia, Solidworks)
- Ability to travel 10% of the time
At Archer we aim to attract, retain, and motivate talent that possess the skills and leadership necessary to grow our business. We drive a pay-for-performance culture and reward performance that supports the Company’s business strategy. For this position we are targeting a base pay between $115,000 - $125,000. Actual compensation offered will be determined by factors such as job-related knowledge, skills, and experience.
Archer is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to job applicants with physical or mental disabilities, and those with sincerely held religious beliefs. Applicants who may require reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process should provide their name and contact information to Archer’s People Team at [email protected]. Reasonable accommodations will be determined on a case-by-case basis.
Archer is proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusivity in the workplace. All aspects of employment are decided on the basis of merit, qualifications, and business needs. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.