Please let Vertical Aerospace know you found this job on Work in Green. This will help us grow!
Salary not provided
About the company:
We are breaking the boundaries and pushing our commitment to the EVTOL world by changing the way the world travels. Our mission is powered by pioneers and progress is our prerogative.
Here at Vertical, we are developing the UK’s first fully electric, vertical take-off and landing aircraft (eVTOL), the VX4. With zero-operating emissions. Vertical is transforming the way people travel by offering a faster, safer, and greener way to move.
More about the team you will be joining as a Vehicle Systems Engineer
You will be joining a team responsible for Systems Engineering and Safety. This team owns management of systems processes, methods and tools. It is part of a Squad which includes modelling & simulation, aerodynamics, its performance, structural loads & dynamics, handling qualities, and aircraft level requirements.
My Impact as a Vehicle Systems Engineer
As a Vehicle Systems Engineer, you will work closely with system specialists, airworthiness specialists, and aircraft architects to define how the aircraft will look and perform. Your speciality is knowing how to translate and prioritise customer, company and regulator wants into actionable requirements. As the aircraft design mature, you will verify aircraft requirements on the "iron bird".
Duties will be wide ranging and varied and will include:
• Supporting aircraft configuration team on integration tasks
• Requirements capture, decomposition & traceability
• Interpretation and validation of external requirements, including regulatory requirements
• Verification planning and compliance evidence collection
• Integration testing
• Architecture design with performance/complexity/cost trade-offs
• Fault tree/safety analysis
• Supporting internal and/or external projects with forward looking objectives
What success will look like for the Vehicle Systems Engineer
Success will be an aircraft that meets customer, company and regulatory requirements through a balanced, beautifully integrated design. It will be an aircraft that takes off and lands vertically, with electric motors that whisper as the aircraft carves through the sky, and a flight control system that simplifies pilot age. It will make travel faster, safer, and greener.
Everything sounds very interesting but how do I know this is the role for me?
We are looking for people that will have the following qualifications and experiences:
• Bachelor's Degree in relevant engineering discipline
• Broad knowledge and understanding of aircraft systems, both conventional and UAS
• Experience in aircraft systems integration
• Experience with requirement management tools, such as Doors/Jama
• Experience with systems engineering principles: Both sides of the ‘V’
• Understanding of aerospace certifying standards
• Masters or PhD in relevant engineering discipline
• Experience in high level aircraft design
• Experience in design of aircraft systems
• Experience certifying to aerospace standards
• Experience with development and testing of aircraft and/or UAS systems
Why work with us?
For us, it is important that people feel valued for the impact they have and are able to thrive and experience the career journey of a lifetime. Our overall approach to reward seeks to offer competitive packages that attract the diverse and talented people we need to achieve our ambitious objectives.
Our Ways of Working
In the UK we have two offices and a Battery facility in Bristol, an office in London and a site in Kemble with well stocked free kitchen provisions including hot drinks, fruit and breakfasts every weekday. Our typical full time working week is 37.5 hours. We recognise the world of work is rapidly evolving and that flexibility is important for us all to thrive. We want to support all employees to deliver their roles to the best possible standard by offering the right level of flexibility between our key sites and home where suitable for your role and its deliverables and our company goals. Typically, this is agreed with your team and people leader, ensuring there are times for collaboration and other activity on site and the ability to work more remotely from home as appropriate.
Our Vertical Additional Benefits
Do you like the look of this opportunity but not sure if you meet all the criteria we’ve outlined?
Here at Vertical, we are working to create an environment of growth, diversity and opportunities for people to take on challenges and push the status quo. We understand some people may not apply to jobs unless they tick every box. If you're excited about joining us and think you have much of what we're looking for, even if you're not 100% sure... we'd love to hear from you.
This is an on-going advert and interviews will be held on an ad-hoc basis until sufficient applications have been received.
These are some of our top picks for great climate jobs on Work in Green.
Vertical Aerospace is hiring Battery Test Technician,Advanced Electrical Systems Engineer,Digital & Flight System Technician, and more.