Archer is an aerospace company building an all-electric vertical takeoff and landing aircraft focused on improving mobility in cities. The company's mission is to advance the benefits of sustainable air mobility. Archer is designing, manufacturing, and operating a fully electric aircraft that can carry four passengers for 60 miles at speeds of up to 150mph while producing minimal noise. Archer's team is based in the San Francisco Bay Area.
Archer is an aerospace company based in San Jose, California building an all-electric vertical takeoff and landing aircraft with a mission to advance the benefits of sustainable air mobility. We are designing, manufacturing, and operating an all-electric aircraft that can carry four passengers for 60 miles at speeds of up to 150 mph while producing minimal noise.
Our sights are set high and our problems are hard, and we believe that diversity in the workplace is what makes us smarter, drives better insights, and will ultimately lift us all to success. We are dedicated to cultivating an equitable and inclusive environment that embraces our differences, and supports and celebrates all of our team members.
What You’ll Do:
- Build and operate integrated test labs for one of the world's first FAA certified eVTOL aircraft
- Independently build aerospace standard wiring harnesses on the basis of wiring diagrams provided by the engineers for the test labs
- Associate with the lab leads for lab build up and update lab documentation for lab build, modifications and repairs
- Install and replace aircraft subsystems components/ LRU, simulation hardware in a lab environment and complete the associated documentations
- Use various tools like multimeters, DMC crimp tools, oscilloscope, wire strippers, heat guns, soldering etc.
- Assemble and ring-out wiring harnesses for testing / debugging purposes
- Make sure the labs are clean and safe for other personnels
What You Need:
- 2+ years of experience as an electrical technician in either aerospace or spacecraft industries.
- Understand wiring drawings and build of material, build wiring harness independently and perform necessary continuity checks.
- Superior technical skills and expertise in avionics and aircraft subsystems operation and troubleshooting
- Familiarity with IPC/WHMA-A-620, IPC J-STD-001, AC 43.13B and common industry connector specifications (D38999 connector systems and associated accessories)
- Experience with harness fabrication for serial networks, particularly CAN, RS485/422, ARINC 429 and ethernet.
- Basic knowledge of tools used for harness fabrication (DMC/Daniels crimpers, RJ45 crimpers, strippers, wire marking machines, pin insertion and extraction).
- Extreme attention to detail and high expectations for quality technical work
- Ability to install or replace various subsystems components
- A safety conscious mindset for ensuring the wellbeing of all working in the labs
- Set and example for a high standard of technical work for other team members
- A&P License
- Inspection Authorization (IA)
- Experience with FAA type certification and conformal test setups
- Familiarity with high voltage systems
Please note that this job description is intended to provide a general overview of the position and does not include an exhaustive list of responsibilities and qualifications
At Archer we aim to attract, retain, and motivate talent that possess the skills and leadership necessary to grow our business. We drive a pay-for-performance culture and reward performance that supports the Company’s business strategy. For this position we are targeting a base pay between $25.38-$31.73 per hour ($52,800-$66,000). Actual compensation offered will be determined by factors such as job-related knowledge, skills, and experience.
Archer is committed to provide a safe workplace and a safe aircraft. This is a safety sensitive designated role. Employment in safety sensitive positions is contingent on successful passage of a background check and is subject to pre-employment and random drug screening.
Archer is proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusivity in the workplace. All aspects of employment are decided on the basis of merit, qualifications, and business needs. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.